AutoBanter

-   BMW (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   bmw 325xi stalling problem (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=283865)

mjjbenice July 20th 08 01:22 AM

bmw 325xi stalling problem

I have a 325xi, 2001 with 60,000 miles. It stalls when it goes up
hill and after starting right up. After driving for a while it runs
fine. Is the oxygen sensor? The check engine light came on.

Thread archive: http://www.AutoBoardz.com/bmw-325xi-...ict248076.html

Jeff Strickland July 20th 08 04:16 AM

bmw 325xi stalling problem

You can pull the codes to find out why the Check Light came on. It could be
any number of more than 100 problems that turned the light on.

Visit an Autozone store, they will pull the codes free of charge. WRITE THE
CODES DOWN before the computer is reset, then come back and list up all of
the codes that were pulled.

news:1206317_e741c58a9ff0e39a5d0f224a40c316f1@auto boardz.com...

Scott Dorsey July 21st 08 03:40 PM

bmw 325xi stalling problem

In article <1206317_e741c58a9ff0e39a5d0f224a40c316f1@autoboar dz.com>,
mjjbenice > wrote:
>I have a 325xi, 2001 with 60,000 miles. It stalls when it goes up
>hill and after starting right up. After driving for a while it runs
>fine. Is the oxygen sensor? The check engine light came on.

The check engine light tells you that the computer has logged an error,
but not what the error is. Get a scanner and find out what the error
actually is. Once you have done this, you can work toward figuring out
what the problem is.
--scott