AutoBanter

-   Simulators (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Need wheel with gas/brake paddles on steering wheel...where can I buythis? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=339145)

VintageCarFan October 18th 09 06:20 PM

Need wheel with gas/brake paddles on steering wheel...where can I buythis?

Anybody know where I can find a racing game wheel with the gas and
brake on the steering wheel? I know somebody made a wheel like that
in the past. I need this for PC gaming.

Remco Moedt October 18th 09 06:44 PM

Need wheel with gas/brake paddles on steering wheel...where can I buy this?

On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 10:20:58 -0700 (PDT), VintageCarFan
> wrote:

>Anybody know where I can find a racing game wheel with the gas and
>brake on the steering wheel? I know somebody made a wheel like that
>in the past. I need this for PC gaming.

http://tinyurl.com/ygrw5lz

Cheers!

Remco

Elmer Fudd[_2_] October 29th 09 11:34 PM

Remco Moedt wrote:

> http://tinyurl.com/ygrw5lz
>
> Cheers!
>
> Remco

Wow! Only $512.00!!!

Thrustmaster used to make a wheel that had analog padddle shifters that
could be used as brake and gas pedals. Think it was called a GP1 and was
gameport and not USB.

VintageCarFan October 30th 09 01:20 PM

On Oct 29, 6:34*pm, Elmer Fudd > wrote:
> Remco Moedt wrote:
> >http://tinyurl.com/ygrw5lz

> > Cheers!

> > Remco

> Wow! Only $512.00!!!
>
> Thrustmaster used to make a wheel that had analog padddle shifters that
> could be used as brake and gas pedals. Think it was called a GP1 and was
> gameport and not USB.

Yes, the Thrustmaster is what I have been using but the potentiometer
that controls the gas has gone flaky and I can't figure out how to get
in there to replace it. Anybody know where I can find instructions on
how to do that?

Elmer Fudd[_2_] October 31st 09 10:06 AM

VintageCarFan wrote:

> Yes, the Thrustmaster is what I have been using but the potentiometer
> that controls the gas has gone flaky and I can't figure out how to get
> in there to replace it. Anybody know where I can find instructions on
> how to do that?

No, but I found one on eBay for only $24.95.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/PC-GRAND-PRIX-1-T...item5d22e0bd0b

Boofhead[_2_] October 31st 09 10:35 AM

Need wheel with gas/brake paddles on steering wheel...where can I buy this?

Try here

http://www.slottweak.com/index.html

APLer November 1st 09 12:13 AM

Need wheel with gas/brake paddles on steering wheel...where can I buy this?

VintageCarFan > wrote in
:

> On Oct 29, 6:34*pm, Elmer Fudd > wrote:
>> Remco Moedt wrote:
>> >http://tinyurl.com/ygrw5lz

>> > Cheers!

>> > Remco

>> Wow! Only $512.00!!!
>>
>> Thrustmaster used to make a wheel that had analog padddle shifters that
>> could be used as brake and gas pedals. Think it was called a GP1 and
>> was gameport and not USB.

> Yes, the Thrustmaster is what I have been using but the potentiometer
> that controls the gas has gone flaky and I can't figure out how to get
> in there to replace it. Anybody know where I can find instructions on
> how to do that?

Start by removing The rubber feet and possibly labels to find the screws
and don't *force* anything. look before you pull. There's *always* screws
hidden.

You do have a 25-30 watt soldering iron, 60/40 solder and have soldered
electronics before right?

Use a ground strap just to be sure.

The Central Scrutinizer November 2nd 09 12:58 PM

Need wheel with gas/brake paddles on steering wheel...where can I buy this?

I am surprised Thomas is still around. Especially since they only support PC
games.