AutoBanter

-   Saturn (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Dead car (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=12802)

Lee3333 August 26th 04 09:49 PM

Dead car

Help-I need some ideas! My 1999 SW2 will not start. The engine cranks.
Although the gas tank is full, the meter does not move when the ignition
is turned on, and the 'low Fuel light' blinks. Several times, the car did
start up, and ran fine. (And when it runs, the fuel gauge works) I
believe these two things are related.

Is there any fuse or relay that controls both of these? What else do you
think it could be???

Elector August 27th 04 12:21 AM

"Lee3333" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> Help-I need some ideas! My 1999 SW2 will not start. The engine
> cranks.
> Although the gas tank is full, the meter does not move when the
> ignition
> is turned on, and the 'low Fuel light' blinks. Several times, the
> car did
> start up, and ran fine. (And when it runs, the fuel gauge works) I
> believe these two things are related.
>
> Is there any fuse or relay that controls both of these? What else
> do you
> think it could be???

Just a guess "Fuel Filter" should be replaced.

Elector

Blah Blah August 27th 04 02:16 AM

In article <ff69975bcdd17762441c80aa86650e07
@localhost.talkaboutautos.com>, says...
> Help-I need some ideas! My 1999 SW2 will not start. The engine cranks.
> Although the gas tank is full, the meter does not move when the ignition
> is turned on, and the 'low Fuel light' blinks. Several times, the car did
> start up, and ran fine. (And when it runs, the fuel gauge works) I
> believe these two things are related.
>
> Is there any fuse or relay that controls both of these? What else do you
> think it could be???

Check the electrical connector to the fuel pump/float level. Someone
mentioned recently that their trunk was full of water and the connector
was corroded.