AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Alfa 166 (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=359168)

[email protected] August 9th 10 08:49 AM

Alfa 166

Has any one done any work on the heater blower or speed control Unit.
Even where it is would be an help. Cheers

Catman August 9th 10 09:32 AM

Alfa 166

wrote:
> Has any one done any work on the heater blower or speed control Unit.
> Even where it is would be an help. Cheers

Sadly, I can't assist. :(

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

R C Nesbit August 9th 10 12:57 PM

Alfa 166

Catman spoke:
> wrote:
> > Has any one done any work on the heater blower or speed control Unit.
> > Even where it is would be an help. Cheers

> Sadly, I can't assist. :(

I remember the ones on my old 164 alright!

Dozens of them, all controlled by stepper motors, which failed, cost
around £40 for the part............. + £400 labour!

--
Rob Pearson
156 1.9jtd sportwagon (now)

SteveH[_2_] August 9th 10 05:41 PM

Alfa 166

> wrote:

> Has any one done any work on the heater blower or speed control Unit.
> Even where it is would be an help. Cheers

Don't these have one of those horribly complicated 'body computers'
housed in the head unit in the dash?

If so, it's more likely to be that which is at fault, rather than the
gubbins of the heater.

Good luck.... I think you may need it.
--
SteveH

Catman August 9th 10 06:03 PM

Alfa 166

SteveH wrote:
> > wrote:
>
>> Has any one done any work on the heater blower or speed control Unit.
>> Even where it is would be an help. Cheers

> Don't these have one of those horribly complicated 'body computers'
> housed in the head unit in the dash?

Well, if it's like my old one, it had that great big panel in the middle
that did all the stereo, AVC and so on.

> If so, it's more likely to be that which is at fault, rather than the
> gubbins of the heater.
>
> Good luck.... I think you may need it.

Indeed.