AutoBanter

-   Technology (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Help! '66 Mustang strange overheating problem (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=440850)

[email protected] August 13th 18 05:48 AM

On Sunday, April 8, 2018 at 6:19:10 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> The guy I got the 94 Saturn SL 2 from said it overheats in slow traffic, and I was living with it, recalling WWII fighters that had to take off and fly to avoid overheating. Then one day I realized the electric auxillary fan isn't running. I probably need to replace some electronic controller. Actually, like many of my failed systems, I heard it run once.
>
> Nils K. Hammer

So, girlfriend demands that I fix the AC. I got some guy to add refrigerant and it's ok, although I bet if he put it in the low pressure pipe instead of high it wouldn't have leaked so much. Turns out that the AC always demands the aux fan to run, so I solved the overheating problem by running the AC, which I laugh about since you'd expect increased load to increase temperature.