AutoBanter

-   Technology (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   City Data Automotive Forums: (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=445760)

[email protected] August 15th 20 11:13 PM

City Data Automotive Forums:

This Moderator/Admin, "PJSaturn", had a personal vendetta on me.

I recently proposed moving "Neutral" from between Reverse & Drive on Automatic transaxle
vehicles, a good conversation ensued, no name calling, no insulte, and next thing you know
the thread is closed and I'm suspended for ten days!

I've previously asked this "Saturn" what his/her problem is with me, but they won't begrudge.

Steve W.[_6_] August 16th 20 12:16 AM

wrote:
> This Moderator/Admin, "PJSaturn", had a personal vendetta on me.
>
> I recently proposed moving "Neutral" from between Reverse & Drive on Automatic transaxle
> vehicles, a good conversation ensued, no name calling, no insulte, and next thing you know
> the thread is closed and I'm suspended for ten days!
>
> I've previously asked this "Saturn" what his/her problem is with me, but they won't begrudge.

Never heard of that forum. Personally neutral is where it is for a
simple reason, it is one more step to keep an idiot from shifting into
the other direction without thinking. Without it there it would be real
easy to do something stupid and damage the transmission.

Looked at the post, I'm betting your suspension is for dragging politics
into the discussion. As it should be.

--
Steve W.

[email protected] August 16th 20 01:42 AM

City Data Automotive Forums:

Steve W:

Nope. No politics this time! It's a common sense issue, not
a political one. Since my early forties, about ten years ago,
I've been shifting more frequently from Park into Neutral instead
of Drive, or from Drive into Neutral when I need Reverse.

So in that thread, I simply proposed positioning Neutral at the
bottom of the band - below the lowest available gear:

IE: "P-R-D-2-1-*N*"

None August 16th 20 12:16 PM

City Data Automotive Forums:

theckmah, the village idiot, blurted

> Nope. No politics this time! It's a common sense issue, not
> a political one. Since my early forties, about ten years ago,
> I've been shifting more frequently from Park into Neutral instead
> of Drive, or from Drive into Neutral when I need Reverse.

One of the problems is that you're too retarded to follow forum rules.
You proposed your dumb-**** idea that all cars should be re-designed
to accommodate a moron who is too stupid to drive a car. The idea was
soundly rejected by everyone who responded. You started whining, and
posting off-topic dumb-****ery, which was deleted by the moderator,
who then closed the thread. So you started a new thread, same retarded
subject, you brought politics into it (despite your retarded denial), and
you were sent for a time out.

It was all comical, and entirely predictable. You've been through this
charade countless times, but you're just too stupid to understand.

> So in that thread, I simply proposed positioning Neutral at the
> bottom of the band - below the lowest available gear:

> IE: "P-R-D-2-1-*N*"

You're too stupid to drive. You should stay the **** off the roads,
and restrict your driving to Rainman's driveway, where you may
be considered marginally competent. Retarded dumb-****.

Steve W.[_6_] August 17th 20 05:08 PM

wrote:
> Steve W:
>
> Nope. No politics this time! It's a common sense issue, not
> a political one. Since my early forties, about ten years ago,
> I've been shifting more frequently from Park into Neutral instead
> of Drive, or from Drive into Neutral when I need Reverse.
>
> So in that thread, I simply proposed positioning Neutral at the
> bottom of the band - below the lowest available gear:
>
> IE: "P-R-D-2-1-*N*"

" What do the government know about making cars? Look what Executive is
doing to the Post Office!"

That is politics. Not real overt but.
Plus you have the same question up at least twice.
Other than that ???
The answers are correct though. Neutral is there to prevent accidents
and vehicle damage. Just because you don't like it or seem to get
confused about shifting isn't their problem.

If you want to prove it, take your car down the road at 20 mph and shift
it from drive into reverse. Or get it stuck and try rocking it out
without neutral in there.

I suppose you have a problem with manual transmissions as well, as all
of those have neutral between every gear and a lockout between reverse.

--
Steve W.