AutoBanter

-   Antique cars (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Looking for photo of Plymouth truck (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=7760)

Sandy December 1st 04 05:17 AM

Looking for photo of Plymouth truck

Hi!

I am looking for a photo of a Plymouth Truck - 1938 - P57 1/2 ton.

It was my Great Grandfather's favorite truck and I recently found his
regristration, title, loan agreement and loan payment book. I want to
make a shadowbox as a gift and would like to include a photo. All I
can find on the net are fixed up (auto show type). I need what it
would have looked like when he had it.

Any help is appreciated!
Sandy

Hoodoo December 1st 04 09:26 AM

On 30 Nov 2004 21:17:57 -0800, (Sandy) wrote:

>I am looking for a photo of a Plymouth Truck - 1938 - P57 1/2 ton.

I used to own a '37 Plymouth sedan so the Plymouth pick-ups were an
amusing variation to my mind.

A quick search via Google turned up the following and I'm sure there
must be more if I cared to spend more time at looking for them:

http://www.hubcapcafe.com/ocs/pages01/plym3802.htm
http://www.hubcapcafe.com/ocs/pages01/plym3802.htm#tell

Not a very good photo here, but, it sure looks like one:
http://www.firsttraderegistry.com/fo...s/itm00005.htm

This one says it's a '38 but the grille looks like a '37:
http://www.autogallery.org.ru/k/pa/3...pickup_Bay.jpg

Here's a nice photo but the angle of it doesn't show a lot of
distinctive details:
http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/history/segment4.html

--
Oh, smell your harmonica. Go on, smell it son." - Johnny 'Guitar' Watson

382584477666 December 4th 04 02:46 AM

"Sandy" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi!
>
> I am looking for a photo of a Plymouth Truck - 1938 - P57 1/2 ton.
>
> It was my Great Grandfather's favorite truck and I recently found his
> regristration, title, loan agreement and loan payment book. I want to
> make a shadowbox as a gift and would like to include a photo. All I
> can find on the net are fixed up (auto show type). I need what it
> would have looked like when he had it.
>
> Any help is appreciated!
> Sandy

try