AutoBanter

-   Honda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   2000 Honda Civic Power Window Problem (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=11102)

[email protected] October 19th 04 02:17 PM

2000 Honda Civic Power Window Problem

I have a 2000 Honda Civic and my problem lies with the driver's side
power window. It will roll down just fine, but when I attempt to raise
the window, it is very slow - and at some times stops. The other
windows in the car work just fine; the only problem is with the driver's
side window.

Has anyone else had this same problem? If so, how did you resolve the
issue? Was it the motor for the power window or something else that had
to be fixed? Thanks for your help!

Gene S. Berkowitz October 20th 04 09:44 PM

In article >,
says...

wrote:

> >I have a 2000 Honda Civic and my problem lies with the driver's side
> >power window. It will roll down just fine, but when I attempt to raise
> >the window, it is very slow - and at some times stops. The other
> >windows in the car work just fine; the only problem is with the driver's
> >side window.
> >
> >Has anyone else had this same problem? If so, how did you resolve the
> >issue? Was it the motor for the power window or something else that had
> >to be fixed? Thanks for your help!

> --
>
> Monroe

I just had this on my '03 Accord; silicone did the trick.
Don't forget to lube the other windows while you've got the
can out!

--Gene

AGS October 22nd 04 04:08 PM

Yeah, i've been having this problem as well for the last several years
with my 2000 Civic but only last year did the window somehow manage to
come off of its track. I've taken the door apart twice, lubricated the
arms holding the window with grease and tried running some oil (not
motor oil) down the tracks to help. No improvement. Perhaps this
winter, when it happens again, i'll try some silicone along the tracks.
During the summer, the window is perfectly fine.

-AGS

jrudolf October 26th 04 02:47 PM

AGS - Was it a trick to get the window back in track? I have a 99 civic and
the thing was slooooow for a couple of years. Just last night it buggered
right off track (i think) and is stuck about 1/2 way open.

The motor seems like its responding fine, but the window is pitched fwd a
bit and really digs into the rubber tracking near the side-view mirror
once it gets past 1/2 way up... any insight would be appreciated.
- j

[email protected] October 27th 04 02:07 AM

Seems to be a common problem. I have a 97 Civic and I am scared to
open my window when it rains. I was quoted over $300 to get it fixed

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 09:47:00 -0400, "jrudolf" >

Orick October 27th 04 08:16 PM

wrote in message >. ..
> Seems to be a common problem. I have a 97 Civic and I am scared to
> open my window when it rains. I was quoted over $300 to get it fixed

I had to fix my 97 EX in the dark because the same problem. You can
search google groups and find my old post in case you do need to fix
it yourself.

[email protected] October 31st 04 01:46 AM

On 27 Oct 2004 12:16:03 -0700, (Orick) wrote:

wrote in message >. ..
>> Seems to be a common problem. I have a 97 Civic and I am scared to
>> open my window when it rains. I was quoted over $300 to get it fixed

>I had to fix my 97 EX in the dark because the same problem. You can
>search google groups and find my old post in case you do need to fix
>it yourself.

I have fixed mine three times now. First time it was probably the
coldest day of winter, the other two times it was raining. The last
time I used silicone spray. I still try to avoid opening my window
when it rains.

Greg