AutoBanter

-   Driving (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Horsepower as safety feature (was Making ALL Roads Into TOLL Roads) (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=7866)

Shawn K. Quinn December 6th 04 06:52 AM

Horsepower as safety feature (was Making ALL Roads Into TOLL Roads)

[irrelevant newsgroups trimmed]

begin quote from Alex Rodriguez in
>:

> Too bad.**Horsepower*is*a*safety*feature.**It*just*tak es*some*driver
> education to learn how to use it as such.

Along the same vein, one of the scariest moments I've had driving was when I
was accelerating to get on a freeway (I-10 in Houston), get to the end of
the on-ramp, and suddenly I'm getting no acceleration with the gas pedal on
the floor. After a few seconds that seemed like eternity, I did get
acceleration again (and thankfully didn't get rear-ended in the meantime, I
was up to maybe 40-45 and the limit was 60).

--
Shawn K. Quinn

Shawn K. Quinn December 6th 04 06:52 AM