AutoBanter

-   Simulators (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   GTR demo crashes to desktop (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=17271)

Alastair Ingram October 15th 04 09:20 PM

GTR demo crashes to desktop

Anyone else have this problem? Also, is GTR built on the EA F1 2002 engine?
If so, why is everyone so excited about it? I always thought that F1 2002
physics really sucked.

Jan Verschueren October 15th 04 10:26 PM

"Alastair Ingram" wrote...
> Anyone else have this problem? Also, is GTR built on the
> EA F1 2002 engine?
> If so, why is everyone so excited about it? I always
> thought that F1 2002 physics really sucked.

Then you were misinformed. If you still own the game (F1 2002), get the
GTR2002 mod, find and read the threads about getting your controller
configured correctly (inclusing FF if you're a Logitech user) and sample the
best single player racing game to predate RBR.

Jan.
=---

Mitch_A October 15th 04 10:59 PM

This is NOT the mod based on F1-2002. It is partly based on F1C and part of
the Thunder engine combined to make GTR.

Maybe a bit more info on your system to help determine why youre CTD.

Mitch

. com...

Alastair Ingram October 16th 04 03:26 AM

"Jan Verschueren" > wrote in message
> "Alastair Ingram" wrote...
> > Anyone else have this problem? Also, is GTR built on the
> > EA F1 2002 engine?
> > If so, why is everyone so excited about it? I always
> > thought that F1 2002 physics really sucked.

> Then you were misinformed. If you still own the game (F1 2002), get the
> GTR2002 mod, find and read the threads about getting your controller
> configured correctly (inclusing FF if you're a Logitech user) and sample

the
> best single player racing game to predate RBR.
>
> Jan.
> =---

I will try that Jan, thanks.

Alastair Ingram October 16th 04 03:30 AM

"Mitch_A" > wrote in message
m...
> This is NOT the mod based on F1-2002. It is partly based on F1C and part

of
> the Thunder engine combined to make GTR.
>
> Maybe a bit more info on your system to help determine why youre CTD.
>
> Mitch
>

> "Alastair Ingram" > wrote in message
> . com...
> > Anyone else have this problem? Also, is GTR built on the EA F1 2002
> > engine?
> > If so, why is everyone so excited about it? I always thought that F1

2002
> > physics really sucked.

OK, I have a P4, 2.4 GHz, I Mg of Ram, GeForce 4 Ti 4200, Win XP Pro, Audigy
soundcard, Logitech wheel. When I double click the icon on the desktop it
just goes black and then back to the desktop. I have uninstalled and
reinstalled and still no joy. TIA.