AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Oh, ffs! (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=64867)

SteveH May 11th 06 08:32 PM

Oh, ffs!

Just when my perfect Alfa pops up on ebay (155 TSpark Super - with the
essential climate control) - I have it confirmed that I've passed the
online tests and scored an interview for a job with a car.

Unfortunately, said interview is the day after the auction ends, meaning
I'll have to let it go :-(

Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL

Tony Rickard May 11th 06 08:52 PM

Oh, ffs!

SteveH wrote:
> Just when my perfect Alfa pops up on ebay (155 TSpark Super - with the
> essential climate control) - I have it confirmed that I've passed the
> online tests and scored an interview for a job with a car.

No pleasing some people :)

In true alfisti style I shan't ask any details about the job but does it
have a good opt out car scheme!

Good luck
Tony

SteveH May 11th 06 08:56 PM

Oh, ffs!

Tony Rickard > wrote:

> SteveH wrote:
> > Just when my perfect Alfa pops up on ebay (155 TSpark Super - with the
> > essential climate control) - I have it confirmed that I've passed the
> > online tests and scored an interview for a job with a car.

> No pleasing some people :)
>
> In true alfisti style I shan't ask any details about the job but does it
> have a good opt out car scheme!

I was chatting about this to Catman last night (on MSN before you say
anything......) - it's district manager for a large high-street booze
emporium. I applied a long time ago, but only had a reply yesterday, so
I can't remember if the advert was '+car' or '+car allowance'.

I did suggest that they'd probably lumber me with a Mondeo Diesel.

Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL

cupra May 11th 06 08:59 PM

Oh, ffs!

SteveH wrote:
> Tony Rickard > wrote:
>
>> SteveH wrote:
>>> Just when my perfect Alfa pops up on ebay (155 TSpark Super - with
>>> the essential climate control) - I have it confirmed that I've
>>> passed the online tests and scored an interview for a job with a
>>> car.

>> No pleasing some people :)
>>
>> In true alfisti style I shan't ask any details about the job but
>> does it have a good opt out car scheme!

> I was chatting about this to Catman last night (on MSN before you say
> anything......) - it's district manager for a large high-street booze
> emporium. I applied a long time ago, but only had a reply yesterday,
> so I can't remember if the advert was '+car' or '+car allowance'.
>
> I did suggest that they'd probably lumber me with a Mondeo Diesel.

lol - I once had a job where I changed my Mundaneo every 3 months for a
brand new one.... tedium nearly drove me insane!

SteveH May 11th 06 09:05 PM

Oh, ffs!

I can call you Betty > wrote:

> >> I was chatting about this to Catman last night (on MSN before you say
> >> anything......) - it's district manager for a large high-street booze
> >> emporium. I applied a long time ago, but only had a reply yesterday,
> >> so I can't remember if the advert was '+car' or '+car allowance'.
> >>
> >> I did suggest that they'd probably lumber me with a Mondeo Diesel.

> > lol - I once had a job where I changed my Mundaneo every 3 months for a
> > brand new one.... tedium nearly drove me insane!
> >

> You, in charge of booze.............

I'm sorry, do I have some sort of reputation? - everyone I've told about
this has said something along similar lines (usually hinting that the
staff discount will come in handy).
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL

I can call you Betty May 11th 06 09:08 PM

Oh, ffs!

cupra May 11th 06 09:10 PM

Oh, ffs!

I can call you Betty wrote:
> " cupra" > wrote in message
>> SteveH wrote:

>>> I was chatting about this to Catman last night (on MSN before you
>>> say anything......) - it's district manager for a large high-street
>>> booze emporium. I applied a long time ago, but only had a reply
>>> yesterday, so I can't remember if the advert was '+car' or '+car
>>> allowance'. I did suggest that they'd probably lumber me with a Mondeo
>>> Diesel.

>> lol - I once had a job where I changed my Mundaneo every 3 months
>> for a brand new one.... tedium nearly drove me insane!
>>

> You, in charge of booze.............

I resemble that remark..... I think it was aimed at Steve though!

I can call you Betty May 11th 06 09:19 PM

Oh, ffs!

"SteveH" > wrote in message
.. .

>> > lol - I once had a job where I changed my Mundaneo every 3 months for a
>> > brand new one.... tedium nearly drove me insane!
>> >

>> You, in charge of booze.............

> I'm sorry, do I have some sort of reputation? - everyone I've told about
> this has said something along similar lines (usually hinting that the
> staff discount will come in handy).
> --
> Steve H 'You're not a real petrolhead unless you've owned an Alfa Romeo'
> http://www.italiancar.co.uk - Honda VFR800 - MZ ETZ300 - Alfa 75 TSpark
> Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL
> BoTAFOT #87 - BoTAFOF #18 - MRO # - UKRMSBC #7 - Apostle #2 - YTC #

No no no, no reputation at all, I just heard that you were the town drunk
and you live in Central London (Boom Boom!!!)

I'm here all week!

Catman May 11th 06 10:43 PM

Oh, ffs!

SteveH wrote:

> Tony Rickard > wrote:
>
>> SteveH wrote:
>> > Just when my perfect Alfa pops up on ebay (155 TSpark Super - with the
>> > essential climate control) - I have it confirmed that I've passed the
>> > online tests and scored an interview for a job with a car.

>> No pleasing some people :)
>>
>> In true alfisti style I shan't ask any details about the job but does it
>> have a good opt out car scheme!

> I was chatting about this to Catman last night (on MSN before you say
> anything......)

I am *so* embarassed. People think I use MSN ffs ;)

Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 TS 156 TS S2
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

SteveH May 11th 06 10:44 PM

Oh, ffs!

Catman > wrote:

> > I was chatting about this to Catman last night (on MSN before you say
> > anything......)

> I am *so* embarassed. People think I use MSN ffs ;)

*snort*

Ahhh, yes, you're on ICQ. The only luddite in my contacts list :-p
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL