AutoBanter

-   Auto Photos (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Citroen and something else - "Front of Vehicle - model unknown.jpg" (1/2) 516.6 KBytes (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=234937)

Square Wheels[_6_] February 9th 08 04:22 AM

On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 03:06:01 +0000, ttucro wrote:

> "Front of Vehicle - model unknown.jpg"

It's a train.

Specifically a SNCF (Société Nationale des Chemins de fer Français), TER
model.

The next photo is likely an interior shot of the same vehicle.

SW

--
Like cars in amusement parks, our direction is often determined through
collisions.

-Yahia Lababidi, writer (b. 1973)

[email protected] February 9th 08 04:50 AM

Citroen and something else - "Front of Vehicle - model unknown.jpg" 516.6 KBytes

Boy are you right. I didn't think anyone would recognize the type of train.

Photo taken in Perigueux, France 2004 at the SNCF open house. They overhaul
the train cars there to a like new condition every 20 years and repair all
the damaged cars. I went with a friend that had worked all his life there
from 1944 on. The Germans had control of it for about a year.

You can see a small slide show of the operation he

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ch&plinde x=0

Have a great day.

Square Wheels[_6_] February 9th 08 05:21 AM

On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 03:50:40 +0000, ttucro wrote:

> Boy are you right. I didn't think anyone would recognize the type of train.
>
> Photo taken in Perigueux, France 2004 at the SNCF open house. They overhaul
> the train cars there to a like new condition every 20 years and repair all
> the damaged cars. I went with a friend that had worked all his life there
> from 1944 on. The Germans had control of it for about a year.
>
> You can see a small slide show of the operation he
>
> http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ch&plinde x=0

Very cool!

In '67-'68, I think I rode most every train in Europe, and especially
French ones. It's a whole different train-world over there (and other
parts of the world) compared to North America!

> Have a great day.

And you as well, sir!

SW

[email protected] February 9th 08 06:18 AM

Citroen and something else - "Front of Vehicle - model unknown.jpg" 516.6 KBytes - "Another SNCF engine.jpg" 178.9 KBytes

1 Attachment(s)
I haven't been on an American train since 1955 and that was when I was
inducted into the Army. I also rode in an army C-47 (DC3) in 1955 to
another base.
I have been on a lot of French trains though. I just bought tickets for
next April from Paris to Perigueux on the TGV.

Have a great day.

MagisterMax February 9th 08 09:41 AM

Citroen and something else - "Front of Vehicle - model unknown.jpg" 516.6 KBytes

3 Attachment(s)
En voilà deux autres.... :-))

Max