AutoBanter

-   Simulators (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Any Sim working with 3DRevelator? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=17274)

Cris Eichler October 16th 04 09:42 AM

Any Sim working with 3DRevelator?

All,

iwas justwondering. Is there any sim out there that works with Elsa's 3D
Revelator glasses? Or do they all work and it's just my visual handicap that
doesn't let me see 3D?

Cheers!

Cris

Bruce Mckown October 16th 04 02:53 PM

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 10:42:50 +0200, "Cris Eichler" >
wrote:

>All,
>
>iwas justwondering. Is there any sim out there that works with Elsa's 3D
>Revelator glasses? Or do they all work and it's just my visual handicap that
>doesn't let me see 3D?
>

>Cheers!
>
>Cris

What's your monitor refresh rate at? For 3D to work on my old Asus
glasses I used to set the refresh rate to 120hz, they wouldn't work if
set lower than 100hz. Each lense gets half the refresh rate of your
monitor so 120hz is actually only 60hz through the glasses. Ideally
you should run at 800x600 res and 120hz refresh rate so long as your
monitor supports 120hz at 800x600. 800x600 because the screen displays
the image twice so it requires twice as much work from your video
card. Even 800x600 is like running your vid card at 1600x1200 as far
as graphics output it is processing.