AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   $99,000 VW???? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=46412)

Dennis Wik October 21st 05 05:55 PM

$99,000 VW????

I just recieved Dec issue of Hemmings Sports and Exotic car magazine.
On page 110 they show the results of the pebble beach auction and what
the vehicles sold for. A 1966 westfalia unrestored in #3 condition
(average) sold for $99,000. They expected $8,000. It looks good but
seems weird to me. They said the price is steep, but the winner did
battle with a phone bidder willing to pay almost as much. Can you guys
believe it?

href="http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4025706&a=30209382&vt=vp">Den's
1977 Puma</a>

Randall Post October 21st 05 08:00 PM

$99,000 VW????

Dennis Wik wrote:

> I just recieved Dec issue of Hemmings Sports and Exotic car magazine.
> On page 110 they show the results of the pebble beach auction and what
> the vehicles sold for. A 1966 westfalia unrestored in #3 condition
> (average) sold for $99,000. They expected $8,000. It looks good but
> seems weird to me. They said the price is steep, but the winner did
> battle with a phone bidder willing to pay almost as much. Can you guys
> believe it?

href="http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4025706&a=30209382&vt=vp">Den's
> 1977 Puma</a>

Pictures and history are given on two pages at:
http://www.goodingco.com/pb2005/lot38.html
Auction estimate was actually $20,000-$30,000.

The selling price was $99,000 as shown on this page (scroll down to lot 38):
http://www.goodingco.com/prices_realized_PBA05.html

If that seems outrageous, by my count 34 of the 80 cars sold for $100,000 or more.

Randall

Bill Berckman October 22nd 05 04:09 AM

$99,000 VW????

The Yuppie/Investor element is bringing up the cost of the splitty
busses.