AutoBanter

-   Saturn (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Got rear-ended today (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=374305)

Oppie[_7_] August 14th 12 09:09 PM

Got rear-ended today

Could have been a lot worse. Stopped at a stop sign, checked traffic and
just as I inch forward, hear a screech and look in the mirror just in time
to brace for a dump truck that rear ended me. Thankfully he wasn't going
fast and hit me maybe going 10 mph. Pushed in the lift gate of the LW300 a
bit, scuffed and punched a hole through the bumper covering. Also crushed
the tail light. Will see what can be done. Construction company that owns
the truck was very nice and will have it fixed.

Oppie[_7_] September 15th 12 10:53 PM

Got rear-ended today

Since the car was drivable and we were going away on vacation, finally got
the car fixed this past week. Body shop put a whole new lift gate and bumper
on plus a tail lamp. Tail lamp was brand new but the other parts were
recycled. Lift gate was apparently from a different year than my '01 (it's
more rounded) but it fits and looks good. I'm happy with it.