AutoBanter

-   Mazda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   2006 Miata (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=53111)

John La January 4th 06 02:43 AM

2006 Miata

The car bug is starting to nibble. I went and test drove a 2006 Miata
today, Nice, I have always wanted a 2 seat sports car.

So what are people paying compared to the invoice price of the vehicle?

Craig Wagner January 4th 06 02:39 PM

2006 Miata

"John La" > wrote:

>The car bug is starting to nibble. I went and test drove a 2006 Miata
>today, Nice, I have always wanted a 2 seat sports car.
>
>So what are people paying compared to the invoice price of the vehicle?

When I bought mine in October I paid invoice + TTL.

--
Craig Wagner, craig(dot)wagner(at)gmail(dot)com
Portland, OR

"Don't ban high-performance vehicles, ban low-performance drivers!"

Leon van Dommelen January 5th 06 12:02 AM

2006 Miata

Craig Wagner > wrote:

>"John La" > wrote:
>
>>The car bug is starting to nibble. I went and test drove a 2006 Miata
>>today, Nice, I have always wanted a 2 seat sports car.
>>
>>So what are people paying compared to the invoice price of the vehicle?

>When I bought mine in October I paid invoice + TTL.

On a 2006 Miata?

Leon
--
Leon van Dommelen :) Bozo, the White 96 Sebring Miata .)
http://www.dommelen.net/miata

Craig Wagner January 5th 06 02:00 AM

2006 Miata

(Leon van Dommelen) wrote:

>Craig Wagner > wrote:
>
>>"John La" > wrote:
>>
>>>The car bug is starting to nibble. I went and test drove a 2006 Miata
>>>today, Nice, I have always wanted a 2 seat sports car.
>>>
>>>So what are people paying compared to the invoice price of the vehicle?

>>When I bought mine in October I paid invoice + TTL.

>On a 2006 Miata?

Technically, no. It was a 2006 MX-5.

That was what the OP was asking about, right?

Leon van Dommelen January 5th 06 01:49 PM

2006 Miata

Craig Wagner > wrote:

(Leon van Dommelen) wrote:

>>Craig Wagner > wrote:

>>>When I bought mine in October I paid invoice + TTL.

>>On a 2006 Miata?

>Technically, no. It was a 2006 MX-5.
>
>That was what the OP was asking about, right?

Correct. I was just surprised that they are discounting them
so much so early.

Leon

Craig Wagner January 6th 06 02:48 PM

2006 Miata

(Leon van Dommelen) wrote:

>Correct. I was just surprised that they are discounting them
>so much so early.

I guess this particular dealership was more interested in moving cars than
raping their customers. I contacted all the local dealerships using Edmunds
service. These guys came back with the invoice price. No haggling, no hassling.

Chris D'Agnolo January 7th 06 09:36 PM

2006 Miata

I'd love to know how much the invoice price was below the MSRP, and on which
model.

I still think Craig could be mixing up terms, thinking that invoice is MSRP.
I obviously could be wrong and I'm not calling you stupid Craig, I'm simply
saying that some people get the terms confused.

Please confirm.

Chris
99BBB

Lanny Chambers January 8th 06 12:20 AM

2006 Miata

In article >,
"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

> I'd love to know how much the invoice price was below the MSRP, and on which
> model.

Per edmunds.com, MSRP on the GT is $24,435, invoice is $22,568. Does not
include destination charge, typically $500.

--
Lanny Chambers
'94C, St. Louis

Chris D'Agnolo January 8th 06 02:57 AM

2006 Miata

Thank you, you're a gentleman and a scholar (I'm not either as I cannot be
sure of the spelling and I don't care if it is wrong ;-)

Chris
99BBB

Craig Wagner January 8th 06 05:06 PM

2006 Miata

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

>I'd love to know how much the invoice price was below the MSRP, and on which
>model.
>
>I still think Craig could be mixing up terms, thinking that invoice is MSRP.
>I obviously could be wrong and I'm not calling you stupid Craig, I'm simply
>saying that some people get the terms confused.

I paid $25,138 out the door (i.e. INVOICE + TTL) for a 2006 MX-5 GT with PP2 and
SP. MSRP was about $27k IIRC.

That's about $2000 off MSRP.

And how could saying that someone was mixing up invoice and MSRP be anything but
calling them stupid?