AutoBanter

-   Dodge (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Heater/AC fan speed control 1999 Intrepid ES (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=4238)

Dan June 30th 04 04:52 PM

Heater/AC fan speed control 1999 Intrepid ES

Anyone know the exact location of the resistor gizmo which controls
the fan speed on a 1999 Intrepid ES? I know it's "in the ductwork,"
but don't know where. The blower only runs on high, so I'm pretty
certain I need to replace the resistor speed control. I've found a
couple things with wires on them going into the duct below the glove
box, but they are not the resistor speed control I'm looking for. Do
I need to pull the center console to get to it?

Dan

seabringlx2003 July 3rd 04 02:07 AM

before you go getting into the wiring harness replace the switch panel with
all the switches that may just be shot , check out ebay for one , its nown
to happen with chrylser from time to time

seabringlx2003 July 3rd 04 02:07 AM

Kevin July 4th 04 03:36 PM

It should be under the glove box. It has a lot of wires going to it and when
you pull it out it doesn't look like the resistor blocks of the old cars
it's a flat thing about 2" x 3" and costs under $5.00 at the dealer.

Kevin July 4th 04 03:36 PM

Dan July 5th 04 09:58 PM

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 09:36:54 -0500, "Kevin" >
wrote:

>It should be under the glove box. It has a lot of wires going to it and when
>you pull it out it doesn't look like the resistor blocks of the old cars
>it's a flat thing about 2" x 3" and costs under $5.00 at the dealer.
>

>"Dan"
>> Anyone know the exact location of the resistor gizmo which controls
>> the fan speed on a 1999 Intrepid ES? I know it's "in the ductwork,"

>> Dan

I have removed the small removeable piece of ductwork under the glove
box, and found two places where wires enter the larger permanent duct.
Neither one is the fan speed control resistor. Do I need to remove
the glove box to see it? The two things I found only have two wires.
I'm looking for something with four wires or five, I think.

Dan

Dan July 5th 04 09:58 PM