AutoBanter

-   Technology (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   abs braking systems (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=59039)

[email protected] March 10th 06 05:59 AM

abs braking systems

can be a pain with continual problems, are they worth it? you carry your
car to a

dealer, they repair it, the next thing you know the warning light comes
on again,

what in the world is going on, I'd rather not have this feature?

chrysler was the first with the hydraulic brakes, and possibly the worst
for abs brake "failures."

I can do without the abs brakes, but the
warning light is "intimidating" when it want go off.

m h o
*v ƒe

Jack Hayes March 11th 06 01:03 AM

abs braking systems

> wrote in message
can be a pain with continual problems, are they worth it? you carry your
car to a

dealer, they repair it, the next thing you know the warning light comes
on again,

what in the world is going on, I'd rather not have this feature?

chrysler was the first with the hydraulic brakes, and possibly the worst
for abs brake "failures."

I can do without the abs brakes, but the
warning light is "intimidating" when it want go off.

m h o
v fe

Personally after 6 years of having full ABS I still hate them. Without ABS
you can stop where you want not were an engineer in an office thinks you
should. ABS just makes for worse drivers, slam them full on and live or die
with the results. I rather like doing my own braking thanks.

Jack

[email protected] March 11th 06 01:07 AM

abs braking systems

10-4 on doing your own braking, but I can't totally bad-mouth the abs
brakes - since they have possibly been my "salvation" at times.

it's only when they act-up that my dander rises. ie, the warning light -
comes on, want go off, after just coming from the dealer's repair shop.

m h o
*v ƒe