AutoBanter

-   Corvette (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Transmission noise in 2003 (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=58762)

Vince Hable March 7th 06 03:41 AM

Transmission noise in 2003

I have a friend that has a 2003 vette and is having trouble with trying to
get the noise problem taken care of. Can anyone help us here? Or has anyone
else ever had this same problem?
Thanks

Bob I March 8th 06 03:11 AM

Transmission noise in 2003

If you are refering to the "rattle" when you first let out the clutch,
it's not a problem.

Vince Hable March 10th 06 01:31 AM

Transmission noise in 2003

Lot more than just a little rattle.I have tried to see if GM has an
aftermarket clutch assembly that will eliminate this noise.They keep telling
my friend that they can only put ORIGINAL GM parts into the vette.They have
changed out the clutch assembly 3 times and the transmission once (they
said)?
I have had stick shift cars and a few high performance cars too and have
never heard of the noise that my friend is referring to.This seems to be
happening in 1st and 2nd gear.but when the clutch is depressed it stops
until released.Which leads me to believe it's in either the throw out
bearing or the input shaft from the transmission.