AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   156 at the end of the world... (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=337549)

SteveH September 21st 09 06:13 PM

156 at the end of the world...

Took the 156 down to the West Country for a long weekend.

Took in the Eden Project, Fleet Air Arm Museum and Lands End.

Total miles in the region of 650.

2 tanks of fuel burned.

Average MPG just short of 35. :)

Problems: 1. Leaking windscreen washer pump. Bugger. Used one sourced,
cost £4.18 incl. delivery. Time to fit: too long, with skinned knuckles,
I suspect.

http://www.italiancar.co.uk/Westcoun...es/Media/P1010
412/P1010412.jpg

Full set he

http://www.italiancar.co.uk/Westcountry
Alfa 156 TSpark Sportwagon Veloce Selespeed - Alfa 75 TSpark Lusso -
Ducati 750SS - BMW R100RT - Toyota Prius T-Spirit

GT[_11_] September 22nd 09 04:38 PM

156 at the end of the world...

"SteveH" > wrote in message
> Took the 156 down to the West Country for a long weekend.
>
> Took in the Eden Project, Fleet Air Arm Museum and Lands End.
>
> Total miles in the region of 650.
>
> 2 tanks of fuel burned.
>
> Average MPG just short of 35. :)

I hate to be picky, but I'm going to anyway... 2 tanks of fuel over 650
miles is not 35mpg!

2 tanks is about 120 litres or 26 gallons. 650 miles over 26 gallons is
25mpg. Which means you had fun!

SteveH September 22nd 09 05:16 PM

156 at the end of the world...

GT > wrote:

> "SteveH" > wrote in message
> > Took the 156 down to the West Country for a long weekend.
> >
> > Took in the Eden Project, Fleet Air Arm Museum and Lands End.
> >
> > Total miles in the region of 650.
> >
> > 2 tanks of fuel burned.
> >
> > Average MPG just short of 35. :)

> I hate to be picky, but I'm going to anyway... 2 tanks of fuel over 650
> miles is not 35mpg!
>
> 2 tanks is about 120 litres or 26 gallons. 650 miles over 26 gallons is
> 25mpg. Which means you had fun!

Oh, this isn't a precise thing, more a '2 tanks-ish'.

The fuel computer thingie said just short of 35mpg. Probably closer to
33 in the real world - although the speedo on this car is remarkably
accurate (ie. 70mph indicated is 70mph on the GPS) - so it won't be far
wrong.

cupra September 24th 09 03:51 PM

156 at the end of the world...

"SteveH" > wrote in message
> Took the 156 down to the West Country for a long weekend.
>
> Took in the Eden Project, Fleet Air Arm Museum and Lands End.
>
> Total miles in the region of 650.
>
> 2 tanks of fuel burned.
>
> Average MPG just short of 35. :)
>
> Problems: 1. Leaking windscreen washer pump. Bugger. Used one sourced,
> cost £4.18 incl. delivery. Time to fit: too long, with skinned knuckles,
> I suspect.
>
> http://www.italiancar.co.uk/Westcoun...es/Media/P1010
> 412/P1010412.jpg
>
> Full set he