AutoBanter

-   Ford Mustang (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   looking for part on internet 1966 mustang power steering (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=21606)

thomas k January 5th 05 04:02 PM

looking for part on internet 1966 mustang power steering

a friend of mine is looking for a part

C5DZ 3A730 C ] 1965 AND 1966 six cylinder mustang power steering control
valve..

cant seem to find on the internet. any suggestions
tom

.boB January 5th 05 09:11 PM

thomas k wrote:

> a friend of mine is looking for a part
>
> C5DZ 3A730 C ] 1965 AND 1966 six cylinder mustang power steering control
> valve..
>
> cant seem to find on the internet. any suggestions
> tom

Check with www.mustangsplus.com They either have
it, or can get it. If they can't get it, it doesn't
exist. I think (but could be wrong) the I6 and V8
parts are the same.

--
..boB
1997 HD FXDWG - Turbocharged!

Tuff Truk January 5th 05 09:45 PM

In article >, thomas k
> wrote:

> a friend of mine is looking for a part
>
> C5DZ 3A730 C ] 1965 AND 1966 six cylinder mustang power steering control
> valve..
>
> cant seem to find on the internet. any suggestions
> tom

460 dollars rebuilt from Flaming River through CJ Pony Parts, 6 and
8 are different. emustang.com

----- Barry -----

Spike January 6th 05 02:33 AM

And you can get an upgrade to more responsive steering....

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16

Elmo January 6th 05 10:08 AM

Hey Spike, any chance of seeing some pics of your Stang? I'm looking
particularly at the color and the effect the larger wheels have - mine
should be Vintage Burgundy, but is currently bright red, and I'm
looking at putting 18" wheels on her...

Thanks in advance

Kev in

Spike January 6th 05 05:27 PM

Toss me an email address and I will send you a very close facsimile
that Kate did for me. My car is sitting with the restoration company.
I am seriously hoping it will finally be finished this month.... but I
have heard that estimated completion date before. But the wheels and
skins were shipped direct to replace the stock steels. The rendition
Kate did is very good, using a real car with the correct wheels, with
the Cobra drop, and she altered the color to the Vintage Burgundy.
Special Thanks to SVTKate..... I believe it will give you a very good
idea.

I think 18", from a personal point of view, is pushing it on a 65/66.
It can be done, but I think it's a bit much. I think the 16s were
pushing the envelope. I also went with same size all around rather
than larger rears. However, one man's gravy is another's poison.: )

Elmo January 7th 05 11:09 AM

Thanks Spike - actually, mine's a 67 convertible. I've seen them with
18", but I think the backspacing is gonna create problems...We'll
see...

My e-mail :

Thanks in advance