AutoBanter

-   Audi (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   rear seats (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=54998)

Stef January 24th 06 06:28 PM

rear seats

hi all i have an a6 2.5 tdi 1999 saloon, can anyone tell me if the rear
seats fold down as i can't see any mechanism to do this or are they fixed in
place and not able to, also if there not fold down is there anyway of doing
this.
thanxs to any replies
stef

Richard Wall January 24th 06 07:06 PM

rear seats

Early A6 saloons had the split rear seats as an option. Yours sounds like
it was not bought on the car. Retro fitting requires replacing the seats
etc. so not economic unless you find some cheap and do the work yourself.
Regards Richard

Dave January 26th 06 10:33 AM

rear seats

> Early A6 saloons had the split rear seats as an option. Yours sounds like
> it was not bought on the car. Retro fitting requires replacing the seats
> etc. so not economic unless you find some cheap and do the work yourself.
> Regards Richard

It's the same with the A4 saloon even now. I can't understand why it's an
option.