AutoBanter

-   Simulators (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   "cockpitLookDeadZone" (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=391491)

Mario Petrinovic July 28th 13 11:07 PM

"cockpitLookDeadZone"

Should be 1.000000.
Now I am using:
In Logitech drivers 100/100/100/Centering Spring should be somewhere
around 60 on my system.
In-game 50.0/50%.
So, iRacing made three mistakes:
- unlinearity
- locked in-game Damper
- messing up with "cockpitLookDeadZone".

Mario Petrinovic August 14th 13 08:39 PM

"cockpitLookDeadZone"

Mario Petrinovic:
Should be 1.000000.
Now I am using:
In Logitech drivers 100/100/100/Centering Spring should be somewhere
around 60 on my system.
In-game 50.0/50%.
So, iRacing made three mistakes:
- unlinearity
- locked in-game Damper
- messing up with "cockpitLookDeadZone".

Jesus Christ, it looks like they all (both in-game, and driver
sliders) have to be at the same level, except Overall (to whichever level
you like), and Centering Spring (should be 50%).
Something like this: Logitech driver 100/80/80/50, in-game 48.0/80%.
This iRacing's presentation of those sliders was very misleading. I
suppose that this is the reason why they cannot present 60.0. Because it is
very hard to devide 100% by 60.0.

Mario Petrinovic August 15th 13 11:23 PM

"cockpitLookDeadZone"

Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
Should be 1.000000.
Now I am using:
In Logitech drivers 100/100/100/Centering Spring should be somewhere
around 60 on my system.
In-game 50.0/50%.
So, iRacing made three mistakes:
- unlinearity
- locked in-game Damper
- messing up with "cockpitLookDeadZone".

Jesus Christ, it looks like they all (both in-game, and driver
sliders) have to be at the same level, except Overall (to whichever level
you like), and Centering Spring (should be 50%).
Something like this: Logitech driver 100/80/80/50, in-game 48.0/80%.
This iRacing's presentation of those sliders was very misleading. I
suppose that this is the reason why they cannot present 60.0. Because it is
very hard to devide 100% by 60.0.

Hm, this isn't right (again). Possibly -/50/50/50 in Logitech
drivers, and in-game adjust as you like (possibly those two sliders at the
same level). I'll see tomorow.
Centering Spring is 50% for sure.

Mario Petrinovic August 16th 13 02:06 PM

"cockpitLookDeadZone"

[...]

Hm, crap, it looks like Centering Spring should be 0%, lol.
Actually, it looks like Logitech driver's setting and in-game
setting should blend in such a way that sum should be 100%.

Mario Petrinovic August 21st 13 12:37 PM

"cockpitLookDeadZone"

[...]

Ok, now I am really close, lap times are excellent, and feeling is
good.
This is how it goes:
- Logitech drivers should be like this -/100/100/0
- in-game sliders don't have to be the same. Something like: Strength should
be in the upper part of scale, Damper should be at the lower part of scale.

Mario Petrinovic August 24th 13 08:58 AM

"cockpitLookDeadZone"

[...]

Ok, things are going well.
In-game Damper is a percentage of Strength.
So, lets say I like the amounth of Damper with settings 71%
(42.6)/71%. Now, with these settings I don't have enough Strength. If I
multiply 71 and 71, I get something like 5000. Now, if I want to rise
Strength to 80% I have to divide 5000 by 80, so, to maintain the same amount
of Damper, I have to use 80%/63%.
Of course , instead of Strength percentage you can use iRacing's
Strength numeration, the effect is the same.

Mario Petrinovic August 24th 13 11:46 AM

"cockpitLookDeadZone"

[...]

Actually, I presume that 50% should be the correct amount od Damper
for max Strength (60.0).
This would say that for Strength of 55.0 the correct Damper would be
55%, for 50.0 the correct Damper would be 60%, and so on.
Interestingly, once the Damper was locked at 75%, and once the max
Strength was 40.0 (IIRC). This matches with this formula.

Mario Petrinovic August 25th 13 10:42 PM

"cockpitLookDeadZone"

Mario Petrinovic
Actually, I presume that 50% should be the correct amount od Damper
for max Strength (60.0).
This would say that for Strength of 55.0 the correct Damper would be
55%, for 50.0 the correct Damper would be 60%, and so on.
Interestingly, once the Damper was locked at 75%, and once the max
Strength was 40.0 (IIRC). This matches with this formula.

No, this is wrong.
Now I have Logitech drivers at the default (except "Allow game to
adjust settings" is not checked), in-game sliders are both at 78%.

Mario Petrinovic September 4th 13 09:20 PM

"cockpitLookDeadZone"

Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic
Actually, I presume that 50% should be the correct amount od Damper
for max Strength (60.0).
This would say that for Strength of 55.0 the correct Damper would be
55%, for 50.0 the correct Damper would be 60%, and so on.
Interestingly, once the Damper was locked at 75%, and once the max
Strength was 40.0 (IIRC). This matches with this formula.

No, this is wrong.
Now I have Logitech drivers at the default (except "Allow game to
adjust settings" is not checked), in-game sliders are both at 78%.

Ok, some development.
In Logitech drivers, Overall, Damper and Spring have to be the same.
Now I am testing to determine how in-game sliders have to be in relation to
driver's sliders. From experience so far, I would be surprised if these also
don't have to be the same (at the same percentage).
So, all in all, it looks like you only have to find the strength at
which you like the FFB, put 5 sliders at that percentage, and adjust
Centering Spring. Oulton park is good track for adjusting Centering Spring.

Mario Petrinovic September 7th 13 02:57 PM

"cockpitLookDeadZone"

Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic
[...]

Actually, now that everything is set, it looks like Centering Spring
should be 100%.
So, Centering Spring at 100%, and everything else (5 other sliders:
Overall, Spring, Damper, and in-game Spring and Damper) at the same
percentage.

Mario Petrinovic September 7th 13 02:58 PM

"cockpitLookDeadZone"

Mario Petrinovic:
So, Centering Spring at 100%, and everything else (5 other sliders:
Overall, Spring, Damper, and in-game Spring and Damper) at the same
percentage.

Oops, in-game is Strength, not Spring.

Mario Petrinovic September 7th 13 10:08 PM

"cockpitLookDeadZone"

Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
So, Centering Spring at 100%, and everything else (5 other sliders:
Overall, Spring, Damper, and in-game Spring and Damper) at the same
percentage.

Oops, in-game is Strength, not Spring.

No, it looks like Centering Spring is 50% for those FFB settings. If
you change settings, you have to re-adjust Centering Spring.
This goes for natural perspective (natural FOV). I only tried it
with natural perspective.

Mario Petrinovic September 8th 13 02:57 PM

"cockpitLookDeadZone"

Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
So, Centering Spring at 100%, and everything else (5 other sliders:
Overall, Spring, Damper, and in-game Spring and Damper) at the same
percentage.

Oops, in-game is Strength, not Spring.

No, it looks like Centering Spring is 50% for those FFB settings. If
you change settings, you have to re-adjust Centering Spring.
This goes for natural perspective (natural FOV). I only tried it
with natural perspective.

No, Centering Spring should be at 100%, after all. But also Overall
I will have at 100%.
The rest probably the same, I'll see

Mario Petrinovic September 10th 13 09:09 PM

"cockpitLookDeadZone"

Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
So, Centering Spring at 100%, and everything else (5 other sliders:
Overall, Spring, Damper, and in-game Spring and Damper) at the same
percentage.

Oops, in-game is Strength, not Spring.

No, it looks like Centering Spring is 50% for those FFB settings. If
you change settings, you have to re-adjust Centering Spring.
This goes for natural perspective (natural FOV). I only tried it
with natural perspective.

No, Centering Spring should be at 100%, after all. But also Overall
I will have at 100%.
The rest probably the same, I'll see

Ok, I got it.
Logitech driver's default settings should be 100/50/50/50.
I am still working on in-game, but they will be high.

Mario Petrinovic September 11th 13 10:28 PM

"cockpitLookDeadZone"

Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
So, Centering Spring at 100%, and everything else (5 other sliders:
Overall, Spring, Damper, and in-game Spring and Damper) at the same
percentage.

Oops, in-game is Strength, not Spring.

No, it looks like Centering Spring is 50% for those FFB settings. If
you change settings, you have to re-adjust Centering Spring.
This goes for natural perspective (natural FOV). I only tried it
with natural perspective.

No, Centering Spring should be at 100%, after all. But also Overall
I will have at 100%.
The rest probably the same, I'll see

Ok, I got it.
Logitech driver's default settings should be 100/50/50/50.
I am still working on in-game, but they will be high.

Hm, with those above setting in-game 30.0/100% works really well.
Maybe in-game Damper should be 100%.
Centering spring should be 50% for sure.
I'll see tomorow where this will lead me.

Mario Petrinovic September 13th 13 08:50 PM

"cockpitLookDeadZone"

Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
[...]

Well it looks like:
In-game Strength is actually Logitech driver's Spring.
In-game Damper is actually Logitech driver's Damper.
Centering Spring should be at the same percentage as Spring and Damper (if
Overall is 100%).

Mario Petrinovic September 16th 13 12:14 AM

"cockpitLookDeadZone"

Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
[...]

Ok, lets see what this day brougth to me.
First, I am pretty sure that driver's Spring and Damper have to be
100%. They are controling in-game Strength and Damper, and only at 100%
those forces are in balance (I still didn't try above 100%, only below
100%), otherwise forces are too "poking" (if those two are below 100%).
Second, I am also pretty sure that Centering Spring should be the
same as in-game Strength. This knowledge helped me a lot, since there is
always problem with Centering Spring, it is hard to know if some problem in
driving arises from wrong Centering Spring, or from something else that is
wrong. Centering Spring is always the first suspect. Now that I determined
what is the right Centering Spring, now it is much easier to judge
everything else.
So, my forces start to look more and more like well tuned hi-fi.
So, it looks like driver setting should be like this -/100/100/-,
Centering Spring being the same as in-game Strength.
In-game forces should be at the same percentage. On my system, below
80% forces are too "springy", while above 85% they are too "dry". So, the
border is somewhere between 80% and 85 % (I'll see tomorow where exactly).
It looks like Overall is not of big significance, and it does just
what the name suggests, simply rise or lower the overall level of forces.
Not big deal, you adjust this to your liking.
So, I presume tomorow I'll finish this sh.t.

Mario Petrinovic September 30th 13 08:27 PM

"cockpitLookDeadZone"

Ok, I got it.
- in-game sliders have to be at the max.
- Centering Spring should be at 100%.
- driver's Overall, Spring and Damper have to be the same.
If you want to modify this, then:
- multiplification of driver's Spring and in-game Strength, and also
multiplification of driver's and in-game Damper have to be the same as
Overall.
- Centering Spring should be the same as in-game Strength.

Mario Petrinovic October 5th 13 09:15 PM

"cockpitLookDeadZone"

Mario Petrinovic:
Ok, I got it.
- in-game sliders have to be at the max.
- Centering Spring should be at 100%.
- driver's Overall, Spring and Damper have to be the same.
If you want to modify this, then:
- multiplification of driver's Spring and in-game Strength, and also
multiplification of driver's and in-game Damper have to be the same as
Overall.
- Centering Spring should be the same as in-game Strength.

Hm, not quite, ; ).
Ok, now I have Overall and Centering Spring at 100%.
I will try to move four other sliders at the same percentage, to see
where this will lead me to. So far times are excellent, and everything goes
well. I tested only from 0% to 40% (in 5% steps, the rest I will test some
other day), but this looks very promising. Better than anything before.

Mario Petrinovic October 8th 13 09:45 PM

"cockpitLookDeadZone"

Mario Petrinovic:
Ok, now I have Overall and Centering Spring at 100%.
I will try to move four other sliders at the same percentage, to see
where this will lead me to. So far times are excellent, and everything goes
well. I tested only from 0% to 40% (in 5% steps, the rest I will test some
other day), but this looks very promising. Better than anything before.

Ok, this is "the way". Centering Spring at 100%, Overall probably
wherever you like. In-game sliders have to be at the same percentage both, I
presume that driver's Spring and Damper also, only in-game Strength and
Damper and driver's Spring and Damper don't have to be all the same. I
wouldn't be surprised to find out that driver's Spring and Damper work the
best at 50%, but I'll check this some other day.
Times are excellent, and I am very fast with the default Mosport
setup in Lotus 49.

Mario Petrinovic October 11th 13 09:12 PM

"cockpitLookDeadZone"

Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
Ok, now I have Overall and Centering Spring at 100%.
I will try to move four other sliders at the same percentage, to see
where this will lead me to. So far times are excellent, and everything goes
well. I tested only from 0% to 40% (in 5% steps, the rest I will test some
other day), but this looks very promising. Better than anything before.

Ok, this is "the way". Centering Spring at 100%, Overall probably
wherever you like. In-game sliders have to be at the same percentage both, I
presume that driver's Spring and Damper also, only in-game Strength and
Damper and driver's Spring and Damper don't have to be all the same. I
wouldn't be surprised to find out that driver's Spring and Damper work the
best at 50%, but I'll check this some other day.
Times are excellent, and I am very fast with the default Mosport
setup in Lotus 49.

Driver's Spring and Damper aren't at 50%. At 50% these are too high
on cars where tires are too soft and grippy. Rather Spring and Damper on my
system are somewhere around 5%.

Mario Petrinovic October 12th 13 07:49 PM

"cockpitLookDeadZone"

Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
[...]

Ok, wrong.
I liked 5% because otherwise it is too dampy if I put in-game
sliders at the same *percentage*. But, this was wrong, in-game sliders have
to be put on the same *number*. IOW, not at 30.0/50%, but rather 50.0/50%.
So, the first one was too dampy, the second one is in balance.
This is what works: 100/50/50/100, in-game 50.0/50.
Some other day I'll see what does this mean. Is driver's
[ -/50/50/- ] the right one, or do you have to have all those four sliders
at the same NUMBER.

Mario Petrinovic October 21st 13 10:16 PM

"cockpitLookDeadZone"

Mario Petrinovic:
This is what works: 100/50/50/100, in-game 50.0/50.
Some other day I'll see what does this mean. Is driver's
[ -/50/50/- ] the right one, or do you have to have all those four sliders
at the same NUMBER.

No, it isn't at the same number.
This is what it is:
- in-game should be 30.0/50%. Higher than that and Spring (Strength) is too
abrubt, and Damper is too tight.
- Centering Spring should be at 100%.
Now, if you set driver like this, 100/100/100/100, FFB will be too
weak. Now I am back to where I was like a year ago, claiming that the
default setting is for kids.
So, you should adjust Overall, and driver's Srping and Damper to
your liking. Lets say that average Overall is something like 125%. It looks
like on my system Spring and Damper are too high at 100%, so I will have to
adjust them slightly, to something like 97%, or 96%. I'll see tomorow about
all this.