AutoBanter

-   Saturn (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Saturn SL Loses Power When Warm (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=77702)

[email protected] November 3rd 06 06:08 PM

Saturn SL Loses Power When Warm

Hi, just wanted to post a Saturn fix that had me chasing my tail for a
while. My 1999 Satutn SL1 would lose power when the engine would reach
operating temprature. I would NOT get a Check Engine or Service Soon
light. I did the usual like changing plugs and filters with no luck. I
did some research using my Haynes book and found the the the Tem sensor
can malfunction without giving a Check Engine. The Emissions looks for
a signal from the Temp sensoe along with the O2 sensor to regulate fuel
mixture. I went to my Saturn dealer to by the part and luckily ran into
a Mechanic on break. Asked if he could give me a tip and explained the
above. He imediately said it was my Temp Sensor or the Temp Sensor
connector. He said that after time it can weep a little antfreeze and
contaminate the connection. I bought both parts and it fixed it. So
remember... No power when warm and no Service Soon light meand Temp
Sensor. $45 with tax.