AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Replace McPherson strut towers (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=145734)

[email protected] April 15th 07 08:17 PM

Replace McPherson strut towers

I just got my engine running, the tube from the oil neck to the air
intake was loose, and now I'm trying to replace the struts. I tried to
remove the two bolts that secure the bottom of it, but they broke off.

Since then, with it being a shoulder bolt, I have drilled it out,
heated it up, broke the head off the other end, and finally got the
bottom of the two bolts out. In the top bolt hole, there is a tube
where the bolt was, as both ends are missing and the bolt has been
drilled out.

Looking for better fix.