AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Metrinch: good or bad? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=444022)

[email protected] February 1st 20 06:21 AM

Metrinch: good or bad?

On Tuesday, December 10, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Nathan J Nagel wrote:
> Excerpts from netnews.rec.autos.rod-n-custom: 10-Dec-96 Metrinch: good
> or bad? by "David A.
> >
> > Anybody have any opinions or first-hand experience with the Metrinch
> > tools seen on the TV infomercials?
> >
> > Thanks.

> I would say that the "flank drive" now being sold by Snap-On or whatever
> Sears calls their version of that concept would probably be much
> superior. Use the right tool for the job! Also both Sears and Snap-On
> offer lifetime replacement warranties on their tools. Sears is
> undoubtedly cheaper.
>
> nate

I bought a Metrinch socket set at Sears in Minneapolis in 2002, i bought it on the 75 percent off rack and it was 25 dollars... I still have the set and it is still perfect. I will not let anyone else use it now because other people end up losing pieces out of of it(i needed to buy 3 replacement pieces).. I love this socket set it is the best one i have owned.. it has never stripped out a nut or a bolt even though intuitively you might think it would because they work on both metric and english nuts and bolts