AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Well, that's the wipers done (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=31)

SteveH May 2nd 04 12:54 PM

Well, that's the wipers done

Finally got round to fitting the new wiper motor to the 155. What an
absolute pain in the arse job that was.

Quite tricky to set up so they don't hit the bonnet or fly off the
driver's side of the windscreen, too. And what were Alfa thinking of
with the controls? - only one speed plus a 3-setting intermittent.
Wierd.

Still, at least it's done, even if I'm £92 lighter in the wallet :-(

VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 155 TS Lusso - COSOC KOTL

Arjan Renting May 2nd 04 01:29 PM

On 2-5-2004 13:54, SteveH wrote:
> Quite tricky to set up so they don't hit the bonnet or fly off the
> driver's side of the windscreen, too. And what were Alfa thinking of
> with the controls? - only one speed plus a 3-setting intermittent.
> Wierd.

The first intermittent setting is more or less equal to "normal" cars.
Just the way you use it. The only problem was that the actual speed of
the wipers was IMO a bit too high to clear the windscreen with the
water, it easily slipped throw underneath.

Arjan

Arjan Renting May 2nd 04 07:17 PM

On 2-5-2004 14:29, Arjan Renting wrote:
> The first intermittent setting is more or less equal to "normal" cars.

^^^^^^^^^^

....equal to regular speed of "normal" cars that is of course....

Arjan

Alfistagj May 2nd 04 07:59 PM

"Arjan Renting" > schreef in bericht
> ...equal to regular speed of "normal" cars that is of course....
>
> Arjan

Even better ;-)
.... equal to regular speed of the wind screen wipers of "normal" cars.......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
--
Ciao from Holland
AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)

Arjan Renting May 2nd 04 08:58 PM

On 2-5-2004 20:59, Alfistagj wrote:
> "Arjan Renting" > schreef in bericht
>
>>...equal to regular speed of "normal" cars that is of course....
>>
>>Arjan

> Even better ;-)
> ... equal to regular speed of the wind screen wipers of "normal" cars.......
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hmmm... seems not to be my day in expressing what I actually mean... :-(
Thanks!

Arjan

SteveH May 2nd 04 09:06 PM

Arjan Renting > wrote:

> On 2-5-2004 20:59, Alfistagj wrote:
> > "Arjan Renting" > schreef in bericht
> >
> >>...equal to regular speed of "normal" cars that is of course....
> >>
> >>Arjan

> > Even better ;-)
> > ... equal to regular speed of the wind screen wipers of "normal" cars.......

> Hmmm... seems not to be my day in expressing what I actually mean... :-(
> Thanks!

Your English is better than my Dutch......
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 155 TS Lusso - COSOC KOTL