AutoBanter

-   Jeep (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Jeep Cherokee Track Bar (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=36152)

[email protected] June 21st 05 11:14 PM

Jeep Cherokee Track Bar

I have a 95 Jeep Cherokee which has slpooy steering and tends towards
instability over bumps in the road. I've discovered that there is some
movement in the track bar where it bolts onto the bracket on the right
hand side of the vehicle (right hand drive). Is this likely to be the
problem and if so must the whole track bar be replaced or is the bush
where the bolt goes through replaceable?

Dave

DougW June 21st 05 11:21 PM

did pass the time by typing:
> I have a 95 Jeep Cherokee which has slpooy steering and tends towards
> instability over bumps in the road. I've discovered that there is some
> movement in the track bar where it bolts onto the bracket on the right
> hand side of the vehicle (right hand drive). Is this likely to be the
> problem and if so must the whole track bar be replaced or is the bush
> where the bolt goes through replaceable?

The bushing can be replaced.
Energy Suspension sells the bushing.

--
DougW

Snow June 22nd 05 04:32 PM

Is the movement on the side where the track bar attaches to the axle or to
the frame mount?
If its the axle then yes you can just replace the bushing, IF its on the
frame mount, then you have to replace the track bar and depending on your
mileage you may have to replace the mount if its badly worn.

Snow...

oups.com...

Rich Hampel June 22nd 05 05:59 PM

Make sure that the track bar mounting flange (bolted to the frame)
doesnt have its mounting 'hole' deformed or egg-shaped due to the
constant pounding from a loose trac bar. Not a biggy to replace ...
cheap from a salvage yard.

In article .com>,