AutoBanter

-   Technology (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Blow Down Testing (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=159487)

Scott Buchanan May 28th 07 05:09 PM

Blow Down Testing

1995 Pontiac Grand AM four cylinder.

I understand how to do cylinder blow down testing but do not know how to
interpret the results. I would imagine if it lost no pressure, that would be
good.
What if it lost say 10 PSI in one minute is that good? What is good and what
is bad?

Thanks, Scott

tom418 May 28th 07 10:54 PM

Blow Down Testing

This is how it's done with general aviation engines:
http://www.littleflyers.com/engcomp.htm

This is one part of an airplane's annual inspection where we owners hold our
breath.