AutoBanter

-   Ford Mustang (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   opinions needed (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=373822)

biofilm June 13th 12 02:19 AM

opinions needed

what about buying a used 2011 or 2012 mustang gt 8 cyl, manual and then
getting a suprecharger put on ?

about 28k (some only 6,000 miles) + 7k + some labor 2k

if ford did it, would they guarentee the motor and transmission?

if I put Keene bell I could save the labor.

Ideas? comments ?

Thanks

[email protected][_2_] June 13th 12 10:18 PM

opinions needed

On Jun 12, 8:19*pm, "biofilm" > wrote:
> what about buying a used 2011 or 2012 mustang gt 8 cyl, manual and then
> getting a suprecharger put on ?
>
> about 28k (some only 6,000 miles) + 7k + some labor 2k
>
> if ford did it, would they guarentee the motor and transmission?

On a used vehicle I don't know. Maybe if it's certified used. ? I'm
sure the S/C would be warrantied, and the labor.

> if I put Keene bell I could save the labor.

I know many love the KB on street-driven vehicles -- lots of low-end
torque. I guess it would depend on your handy-man skills. If you're
competent, should be fairly easy. First, I'd ask the Ford dealer your
[above] questions then go from there -- the answers may sway you to
one way or the other. .

Patrick