AutoBanter

-   Driving (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   How to get from Chicago, IL to London, UK, according to Google maps (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=133684)

Arif Khokar March 30th 07 03:24 AM

How to get from Chicago, IL to London, UK, according to Google maps

http://tinyurl.com/24wgwe

Pay attention to step 20. :)

Paul Hovnanian P.E. March 30th 07 04:25 AM

Arif Khokar wrote:

> http://tinyurl.com/24wgwe
>
> Pay attention to step 20. :)

The folks at Google have a pretty good sense of humor. Go he
http://moon.google.com/ and drag the slider to maximum magnification.

--
Paul Hovnanian
Answer: Eight. Twelve if the light bulb is cross-threaded.

Dysfunctional Youth[_2_] March 30th 07 08:18 AM

Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:

> Arif Khokar wrote:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/24wgwe
>>
>> Pay attention to step 20. :)

> The folks at Google have a pretty good sense of humor. Go he
> http://moon.google.com/ and drag the slider to maximum magnification.

It's not green.

--
Comrade Otto Yamamoto of Hollywood
http://mryamamoto.50megs.com

Rothman March 30th 07 05:10 PM

On Mar 29, 9:24 pm, Arif Khokar > wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/24wgwe
>
> Pay attention to step 20. :)

Step 21 is even better. "I knew I should have taken that right in
Albuquerque..."

Brent P[_1_] March 30th 07 05:17 PM

In article . com>, Rothman wrote:
> On Mar 29, 9:24 pm, Arif Khokar > wrote:
>> http://tinyurl.com/24wgwe
>>
>> Pay attention to step 20. :)

> Step 21 is even better. "I knew I should have taken that right in
> Albuquerque..."

Can't calculate havana to miami. And that is drivable. (with some
modified 1950s detroit iron)

My Land of Misery March 30th 07 06:28 PM

How to get from Chicago, IL to London, UK, according to Google maps

On Mar 29, 9:24 pm, Arif Khokar > wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/24wgwe
>
> Pay attention to step 20. :)

Sort of puts a good use to the modified Hummer in a recent commercial.

Gary E. Ansok March 30th 07 06:52 PM

How to get from Chicago, IL to London, UK, according to Google maps

On Mar 29, 9:24 pm, Arif Khokar > wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/24wgwe
>
> Pay attention to step 20. :)

That does re-open the competition for "longest Google routing".

For a simple route, "kachemak silo, ak to vardo" comes out at 10,561 miles.

Gary
--
M Street, a dome light
Beatified a cabin

Rich Piehl[_2_] March 30th 07 08:12 PM

Gary E. Ansok wrote:
> On Mar 29, 9:24 pm, Arif Khokar > wrote:
>> http://tinyurl.com/24wgwe
>>
>> Pay attention to step 20. :)

> That does re-open the competition for "longest Google routing".
>
> For a simple route, "kachemak silo, ak to vardo" comes out at 10,561 miles.
>
> Gary

I tried Barrow, Alaska to Capetown South Africa, but it couldn't do that
one.

Take care,
Rich

God bless the USA

--
Et in terra pax

MLOM March 30th 07 08:21 PM

How to get from Chicago, IL to London, UK, according to Google maps

On Mar 30, 2:12 pm, Rich Piehl
> wrote:
> Gary E. Ansok wrote:
> > On Mar 29, 9:24 pm, Arif Khokar > wrote:
> >>http://tinyurl.com/24wgwe

> >> Pay attention to step 20. :)

> > That does re-open the competition for "longest Google routing".

> > For a simple route, "kachemak silo, ak to vardo" comes out at 10,561 miles.

> > Gary

> I tried Barrow, Alaska to Capetown South Africa, but it couldn't do that
> one.
>
> Take care,
> Rich
>
> God bless the USA
>
> --
> Et in terra pax

I got the same results with Ushuaia, Argentina to Prudhoe Bay,
Alaska. apparently Google Maps does not recognize the Pan American
Highway or conquers the Darien Gap.

Paul Hovnanian P.E. March 31st 07 03:52 AM

Dysfunctional Youth wrote:

> Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:
>
> > Arif Khokar wrote:
> >>
> >> http://tinyurl.com/24wgwe
> >>
> >> Pay attention to step 20. :)

> > The folks at Google have a pretty good sense of humor. Go he
> > http://moon.google.com/ and drag the slider to maximum magnification.
> >

> It's not green.

Come on now. Everyone knows that 'the moon is made of _green_ cheese' is
a myth.

--
Paul Hovnanian
Bloody typical, they've gone back to metric without telling us.