AutoBanter

-   Technology (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Cleaning a lawn mower carburator (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=68115)

Gaetan Mailloux June 23rd 06 02:49 AM

Cleaning a lawn mower carburator

Hi

Since I need to change the gasket of a Honda lawn mower carburator,
what liquid can I use to soak in the carburator and clean it ?

Thank

Gaetan

TeGGeR® June 23rd 06 03:02 AM

Cleaning a lawn mower carburator

(Gaetan Mailloux) wrote in
:

> Hi
>

> Since I need to change the gasket of a Honda lawn mower carburator,
> what liquid can I use to soak in the carburator and clean it ?

Carb cleaner.

Go to Canadian Tire and buy a can.

What is Canadian Tire called in Québec?

--
TeGGeR®

jeffcoslacker June 23rd 06 03:58 AM

Cleaning a lawn mower carburator

My god, what have you done to this poor woman's lawn mower?

It was working fine, just had 2 cycle oil in the crankcase. Now you're
taking the whole damn thing apart.

Stop now, before you can never get it to run again...LOL

--
jeffcoslacker
jeffcoslacker's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=219638

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Gaetan Mailloux June 23rd 06 04:26 AM

"TeGGeR®" ) writes:
> (Gaetan Mailloux) wrote in
> :
>
>> Hi
>>

>> Since I need to change the gasket of a Honda lawn mower carburator,
>> what liquid can I use to soak in the carburator and clean it ?
>>

> Carb cleaner.
>
> Go to Canadian Tire and buy a can.
>
> What is Canadian Tire called in Québec?
>
> --
> TeGGeR®

Hi

It called Canadian Tire.

Thank

Gaetan

Gaetan Mailloux June 23rd 06 04:30 AM

jeffcoslacker ) writes:
> My god, what have you done to this poor woman's lawn mower?
>
> It was working fine, just had 2 cycle oil in the crankcase. Now you're
> taking the whole damn thing apart.
>
> Stop now, before you can never get it to run again...LOL
>

> --
> jeffcoslacker

Hi

There's a small leak at carburator gasket.

Gaetan

* June 23rd 06 03:18 PM

Cleaning a lawn mower carburator

TeGGeR® > wrote in article
> (Gaetan Mailloux) wrote in
> :
>
> > Hi
> >

> > Since I need to change the gasket of a Honda lawn mower carburator,
> > what liquid can I use to soak in the carburator and clean it ?
> >

> Carb cleaner.
>
> Go to Canadian Tire and buy a can.

Unless he's planning to completely disassemble the carburetor, he'd best
NOT soak it in carburetor cleaner!!!!!!

Alex Rodriguez June 26th 06 03:44 AM

Cleaning a lawn mower carburator

In article >, says...
>Hi
>Since I need to change the gasket of a Honda lawn mower carburator,
>what liquid can I use to soak in the carburator and clean it ?

Carb cleaner. Isn't that obvious.
Alex