AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Which block is best? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=31358)

MicroBiz April 29th 05 03:49 AM

Which block is best?

I'm going to rebuild an engine for my 61 bug and have a few block kicking
around to choose from. I've got a 1300 from I think a 68, a 1600 from a 69
and another 1300 from a year unknown. They all have lots of mileage on them
but the unknown 1300 seems in the best shape exterior physical shape. Which
block would you recommend for a build up of a 1776 or better?

Thanks

Mel P. April 29th 05 03:51 AM

I heard that a 67 block from 1967, with serial no's starting with H are
supposed beefed up. Originally built for 1500's.
Maybe someone else can confirm...

--
Mel

77 Revived Bug & 70 Ghia Cabriolet
www.geocities.com/mpernice
PARTS FOR SALE: http://www.geocities.com/njvwclub/vwparts/index.htm

MicroBiz April 29th 05 04:11 AM

Also one of the blocks this an engine code... G800088, It looks like some of
the numbers have been changed at one time,, what size block is this from?