AutoBanter

-   4x4 (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Electronic transfer case. (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=33984)

Growl May 29th 05 10:25 PM

Electronic transfer case.

The light on the 2x dash control switch goes on and off intermittently.
It's seems like a loose wire somewhere. When the light is out, the transfer
won't work. Any ideas out there? The vehicle is a 2000 GMC Jimmy.

Bye
Growl > Sun, 29 May 2005 18:49:16 -0230

afongofva June 20th 05 11:30 PM

Hi, did you get your problem resolved? I have a 2000 GMC Envoy and the
light is switching between 2 and 4 wheel drive for awhile and now, I think
it is stuck on the 4 wheel drive mode... Is this the electronic module
(controller) problem? I can hear the solinoid kicking back and forth when
the light is switching.

Growl June 23rd 05 12:13 AM

My problem was fixed by removing the wiring harness plug from the transfer
case control module, cleaning a couple of corroded pins and plugging it
back in. The 4x4 has worked fine since them.

Reply to message from "afongofva" > (Mon, 20 Jun 2005
20:00:16) about " Electronic transfer case.":

> Hi, did you get your problem resolved? I have a 2000 GMC Envoy and the
> light is switching between 2 and 4 wheel drive for awhile and now, I
> think it is stuck on the 4 wheel drive mode... Is this the electronic
> module (controller) problem? I can hear the solinoid kicking back and
> forth when the light is switching.

Bye
Growl > Wed, 22 Jun 2005 18:55:38 -0230