AutoBanter

-   VW water cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   92 Passat Tire pressure Winter vs. Summer/ (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=14178)

Tavish Muldoon October 14th 04 06:12 PM

92 Passat Tire pressure Winter vs. Summer/

I was babbling on about tire pressure.

My car is used, no manuals and nothing in the door jams around about
tire pressure. I have all seasons - and the VW mechanic filled up to
abotu 32 psi all around.

What does the manual say about the 92 Passat tire pressure? Front and
back are the same?

Any differences in pressure between summer and winter?

Thanks,

Tmuld.

Matt B. October 15th 04 02:06 AM

"Tavish Muldoon" > wrote in message
om...
>I was babbling on about tire pressure.
>
> My car is used, no manuals and nothing in the door jams around about
> tire pressure. I have all seasons - and the VW mechanic filled up to
> abotu 32 psi all around.
>
> What does the manual say about the 92 Passat tire pressure? Front and
> back are the same?
>
> Any differences in pressure between summer and winter?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tmuld.

If my '91 GTI is anything to go by, summer and winter is no difference.
They should be inflated a bit higher (a few PSI) if heavy load vs light
load. And the back is less than the front (about 29 front vs. 26 back). 32
all around for yours is probably not too far off the mark.

RLGIRSCH October 15th 04 02:36 AM

the psi info is on the inside of the gas cap door