AutoBanter

-   4x4 (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   S-10 2.8 to 3.4 engine swap - anyone actually do it? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=444377)

[email protected] March 16th 20 11:38 PM

S-10 2.8 to 3.4 engine swap - anyone actually do it?

Please let me know if you find anything out on your situation. I'm trying to do the same thing. I have an 1986 cammed freshly rebuilt ( 26 mi.on it) 2..8L. muffler shop tried to spin mud tires on asphalt and bent tail end of crank. Everything in this engine is brand new except crank,block, & intake. Can't find crank for it. Decided to just swap it out for 3.4L. I want to transfer all my new parts from 2.8L to the short block 3.4L, if I can get correct info on what I can keep mainly (carb intake, heads,& oil pan )it is 4x4. I need to know what model & year 3.4L ( as well as what vehicle they came in) I need to find. I hear your frustrations brother. I love my truck, I just want to be able to drive it again. I don't need to go over 65mph & the heaviest thing I need to tow is a car out of the ditch occasionally & my jet ski to the lake.