AutoBanter

-   Honda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   code 17 on 1990 honda accord (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=80963)

[email protected] December 25th 06 04:32 PM

code 17 on 1990 honda accord

my accord flashes the s light and skips gears when this happens seems
like it skips second gear goes into third from first, when the light is
off it runs great. I have'nt noticed my speed odometer messing up is
there something else that could be going wrong other than the vss.Any
help would be aprreciated. also my check engine light comes on when
this happens.this doesnt happen all the time but most of the time.

jim beam December 26th 06 04:24 PM

code 17 on 1990 honda accord

wrote:
> my accord flashes the s light and skips gears when this happens seems
> like it skips second gear goes into third from first, when the light is
> off it runs great. I have'nt noticed my speed odometer messing up is
> there something else that could be going wrong other than the vss.Any
> help would be aprreciated. also my check engine light comes on when
> this happens.this doesnt happen all the time but most of the time.

replace the vss.

Tegger December 26th 06 11:16 PM

code 17 on 1990 honda accord

jim beam > wrote in
t:

> wrote:
>> my accord flashes the s light and skips gears when this happens seems
>> like it skips second gear goes into third from first, when the light is
>> off it runs great. I have'nt noticed my speed odometer messing up is
>> there something else that could be going wrong other than the vss.Any
>> help would be aprreciated. also my check engine light comes on when
>> this happens.this doesnt happen all the time but most of the time.
>>

> replace the vss.

Ditto.

--
Tegger