AutoBanter

-   Audi (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   '99 Audi A6 Quattro (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=36190)

tracycoach June 22nd 05 03:02 PM

'99 Audi A6 Quattro

I have a '99 Audi A6 Quattro with 75k that is rattling in the front when I
go over bumps...any ideas?

KLS June 22nd 05 08:20 PM

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:02:21 -0400, "tracycoach"
> wrote:

>I have a '99 Audi A6 Quattro with 75k that is rattling in the front when I
>go over bumps...any ideas?

Check your control arms and tie rod ends.

Jay Somerset June 23rd 05 02:55 AM

wrote:

> I have a '99 Audi A6 Quattro with 75k that is rattling in the front when I
> go over bumps...any ideas?

Control arms -- upper and lower, but the lower ones seem to make more noise
when the bushings get worn.
--
Jay.
(remove dashes for legal email address)

John Clark June 24th 05 03:07 AM

I believe it was recalled for that problem.

Jone Tytlandsvik June 24th 05 12:55 PM

Jay Somerset wrote:
> Control arms -- upper and lower, but the lower ones seem to make more
> noise when the bushings get worn.

Does the facelift (02') version A6 suffer from this problem as well?
And when they replace these arms on an A4 or A6, is it fixed for good or
will it get back when the new arms got worn? I mean where they able to
improve these parts quality and durability or are they replaced with parts
of equal (bad) quality?

Jone

Mark July 6th 05 09:49 AM

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 13:55:22 +0200, "Jone Tytlandsvik"
> wrote:

>Jay Somerset wrote:
>> Control arms -- upper and lower, but the lower ones seem to make more
>> noise when the bushings get worn.

>Does the facelift (02') version A6 suffer from this problem as well?
>And when they replace these arms on an A4 or A6, is it fixed for good or
>will it get back when the new arms got worn? I mean where they able to
>improve these parts quality and durability or are they replaced with parts
>of equal (bad) quality?

I had a track rod end replaced 2 years ago. It had worn out within a
year and only 4000 miles. The next one is still OK.

Mark.