AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Vehicle Project Planner? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=31460)

Dan Smith May 1st 05 12:57 AM

Vehicle Project Planner?

I haven't been on here for a while but I'm back. ("So what?", you say. :) )

Anyone use Vehicle Project Planner software? I saw it mentioned in a book.
At $10 I thought it might be worth a try.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Dan

Shag May 1st 05 12:33 PM

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 23:57:21 GMT, "Dan Smith" >
wrote:

>I haven't been on here for a while but I'm back. ("So what?", you say. :) )
>
>Anyone use Vehicle Project Planner software? I saw it mentioned in a book.
>At $10 I thought it might be worth a try.
>
>What do you think?
>
>Thanks,
>Dan

I think I'd spend my $10 on a case of Old Milwaukee and let it help me
get creative for my vehicle project. ;-)

"Stupid people are funny." - me

Dan Smith May 1st 05 03:18 PM

"Shag" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 23:57:21 GMT, "Dan Smith" >
> wrote:
>
> >I haven't been on here for a while but I'm back. ("So what?", you say.

:) )

> >Anyone use Vehicle Project Planner software? I saw it mentioned in a

book.
> >At $10 I thought it might be worth a try.
> >
> >What do you think?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Dan
> >

> I think I'd spend my $10 on a case of Old Milwaukee and let it help me
> get creative for my vehicle project. ;-)
>
> "Stupid people are funny." - me

Are you speaking based upon prior experience with the Vehicle Project
Planner software or just prior experience with Old Milwaukee? :)

Kidd Andersson May 1st 05 08:38 PM

Shag wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 23:57:21 GMT, "Dan Smith" >
> wrote:
>

>>I haven't been on here for a while but I'm back. ("So what?", you say. :) )
>>
>>Anyone use Vehicle Project Planner software? I saw it mentioned in a book.
>>At $10 I thought it might be worth a try.
>>
>>What do you think?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Dan

I spent $3.86 on a 5 subject spiral notebook, $1.92 on a marker and 5
minutes of my time to go to the store to get them. My notebook is my
project planner. I divided it into sections, then started making lists
pertaining to each section of what needed to be done, then prioritized.
I can keep track of everything the same as fancy software can. And
instead of $10 for the software, $4.95 S&H and 2-6 weeks for delivery, I
had my project plan started in 15 minutes for under $6. :)

But it's up to you. Software might be fun to play with but I don't see
how it can be any more useful than your own brain and hands.

K.

Shag May 1st 05 08:49 PM

On Sun, 01 May 2005 14:18:13 GMT, "Dan Smith" >
wrote:

>"Shag" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 23:57:21 GMT, "Dan Smith" >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >I haven't been on here for a while but I'm back. ("So what?", you say.

>:) )
>> >
>> >Anyone use Vehicle Project Planner software? I saw it mentioned in a

>book.
>> >At $10 I thought it might be worth a try.
>> >
>> >What do you think?
>> >
>> >Thanks,
>> >Dan
>> >

>> I think I'd spend my $10 on a case of Old Milwaukee and let it help me
>> get creative for my vehicle project. ;-)
>>
>> "Stupid people are funny." - me

>Are you speaking based upon prior experience with the Vehicle Project
>Planner software or just prior experience with Old Milwaukee? :)

Just Old Milwaukee. *blush*

"Stupid people are funny." - me

Dan Smith May 1st 05 10:39 PM

"Kidd Andersson" > wrote in message
> Shag wrote:
> > On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 23:57:21 GMT, "Dan Smith" >
> > wrote:
> >

> >>I haven't been on here for a while but I'm back. ("So what?", you say.

:) )

> >>Anyone use Vehicle Project Planner software? I saw it mentioned in a

book.
> >>At $10 I thought it might be worth a try.
> >>
> >>What do you think?
> >>
> >>Thanks,
> >>Dan

> I spent $3.86 on a 5 subject spiral notebook, $1.92 on a marker and 5
> minutes of my time to go to the store to get them. My notebook is my
> project planner. I divided it into sections, then started making lists
> pertaining to each section of what needed to be done, then prioritized.
> I can keep track of everything the same as fancy software can. And
> instead of $10 for the software, $4.95 S&H and 2-6 weeks for delivery, I
> had my project plan started in 15 minutes for under $6. :)
>
> But it's up to you. Software might be fun to play with but I don't see
> how it can be any more useful than your own brain and hands.
>
> K.

Software never takes the place of one's brains and hands. It might be nice
to stay better organized using software on my laptop.

BTW, that price is $10 complete. No S&H. You download it off their
website.

Maybe I'll try their 10 day trial since no one here seems to know about it.
The author of the book seems really sold on it but maybe he's one of the
owners of the company selling it.

If I decide to give it a try I'll let you know what I think. I've been
using notebooks but I know how that ends up being a mess of chicken
scratchings after a while.