AutoBanter

-   Honda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   2002 Honda SiR (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=130032)

[email protected] March 22nd 07 01:52 PM

2002 Honda SiR

I purchased a 2002 SiR in June '06 and about 3 months later discovered
a lot of water in the trunk. Took it back to dealer who had
originally assured me the car had been gone over with a fine tooth
comb when I purchased it! They checked it out and never found
anything and the next day it poured rain and again, the trunk was full
of water. I took it back and they once again checked it out and
discovered a "gap" between the wheel well and proceeded to patch it
and then called me to pick up the vehicle to the tune of $150.00. I
freaked out over the phone and told them I would not pay said amount
and after speaking to the Used car manager and several heated words
later they said they would absorb the cost. Well, that still didn't
correct the prob and by now as you can well imagine I was pretty
disgusted with the whole mess. The Used car manager said some pretty
nasty things to me. I even called Honda Canada but all they said was
"this is an internal matter for the dealership to handle"! I called
the owner of the dealership and waited several weeks for a call and
nothing. Then I called the general manager of the dealership (he is
the owner's son) and told him the situation and he listened but a few
minutes later had one of his flunkies call and tell me that unless I
was willing to pay for them to even look at the car in the future not
to bother bringing the car in...well, I had had another appt the
following morning to see if they could rectify the "leak" in the trunk
and they called shortly after my conversation with the GM and
cancelled my appt and said I need'nt bother to bring the car in there
again...so I was more or less banned from the place and guess what?? I
still have the leak in the trunk and it you can tell that leak has
been there for a while as it had begun to rust. They recommended a
couple of their garages for me to take it to, duh??? Like I would
trust them. Did I ever get stung on this car! No recourse except
small claims court and there is more hassle and stress. How can
dealerships get away with crap like this?? Why doesn't the common man
have any way to resolve a prob like this???

jim beam March 22nd 07 02:07 PM

2002 Honda SiR

wrote:
> I purchased a 2002 SiR in June '06 and about 3 months later discovered
> a lot of water in the trunk. Took it back to dealer who had
> originally assured me the car had been gone over with a fine tooth
> comb when I purchased it! They checked it out and never found
> anything and the next day it poured rain and again, the trunk was full
> of water. I took it back and they once again checked it out and
> discovered a "gap" between the wheel well and proceeded to patch it
> and then called me to pick up the vehicle to the tune of $150.00. I
> freaked out over the phone and told them I would not pay said amount
> and after speaking to the Used car manager and several heated words
> later they said they would absorb the cost. Well, that still didn't
> correct the prob and by now as you can well imagine I was pretty
> disgusted with the whole mess. The Used car manager said some pretty
> nasty things to me. I even called Honda Canada but all they said was
> "this is an internal matter for the dealership to handle"! I called
> the owner of the dealership and waited several weeks for a call and
> nothing. Then I called the general manager of the dealership (he is
> the owner's son) and told him the situation and he listened but a few
> minutes later had one of his flunkies call and tell me that unless I
> was willing to pay for them to even look at the car in the future not
> to bother bringing the car in...well, I had had another appt the
> following morning to see if they could rectify the "leak" in the trunk
> and they called shortly after my conversation with the GM and
> cancelled my appt and said I need'nt bother to bring the car in there
> again...so I was more or less banned from the place and guess what?? I
> still have the leak in the trunk and it you can tell that leak has
> been there for a while as it had begun to rust. They recommended a
> couple of their garages for me to take it to, duh??? Like I would
> trust them. Did I ever get stung on this car! No recourse except
> small claims court and there is more hassle and stress. How can
> dealerships get away with crap like this?? Why doesn't the common man
> have any way to resolve a prob like this???

i wouldn't want to deal with your bleating either. grow up. small
claims court is quick and easy. use it.

[email protected] March 22nd 07 07:48 PM

2002 Honda SiR

On Mar 22, 10:07 am, jim beam > wrote:
> wrote:
> > I purchased a 2002 SiR in June '06 and about 3 months later discovered
> > a lot of water in the trunk. Took it back to dealer who had
> > originally assured me the car had been gone over with a fine tooth
> > comb when I purchased it! They checked it out and never found
> > anything and the next day it poured rain and again, the trunk was full
> > of water. I took it back and they once again checked it out and
> > discovered a "gap" between the wheel well and proceeded to patch it
> > and then called me to pick up the vehicle to the tune of $150.00. I
> > freaked out over the phone and told them I would not pay said amount
> > and after speaking to the Used car manager and several heated words
> > later they said they would absorb the cost. Well, that still didn't
> > correct the prob and by now as you can well imagine I was pretty
> > disgusted with the whole mess. The Used car manager said some pretty
> > nasty things to me. I even called Honda Canada but all they said was
> > "this is an internal matter for the dealership to handle"! I called
> > the owner of the dealership and waited several weeks for a call and
> > nothing. Then I called the general manager of the dealership (he is
> > the owner's son) and told him the situation and he listened but a few
> > minutes later had one of his flunkies call and tell me that unless I
> > was willing to pay for them to even look at the car in the future not
> > to bother bringing the car in...well, I had had another appt the
> > following morning to see if they could rectify the "leak" in the trunk
> > and they called shortly after my conversation with the GM and
> > cancelled my appt and said I need'nt bother to bring the car in there
> > again...so I was more or less banned from the place and guess what?? I
> > still have the leak in the trunk and it you can tell that leak has
> > been there for a while as it had begun to rust. They recommended a
> > couple of their garages for me to take it to, duh??? Like I would
> > trust them. Did I ever get stung on this car! No recourse except
> > small claims court and there is more hassle and stress. How can
> > dealerships get away with crap like this?? Why doesn't the common man
> > have any way to resolve a prob like this???

> i wouldn't want to deal with your bleating either. grow up. small
> claims court is quick and easy. use it.- Hide quoted text -

Wow, how very mature of you to view a legitimate complaint as !!
bleating!! You must work for this dealership, do you? Whatever
happened to the adage, "the customer is always right!" Lets see how
mature YOU'D be if the same thing happened to you!

By the way, thanks for wonderful advice!! NOT!!!

Gohan Ryu[_27_] March 22nd 07 08:49 PM

2002 Honda SiR

damn, that's just ****y.

Wrote:
> Why doesn't the common man have any way to resolve a prob like this???

Try Googling "used car lemon law". There's lots of things about an
implied warranty you may not know about.

p.s. what's up with quoting the entire thread in your responses?
bandwidth ain't cheap!

--
Gohan Ryu
Gohan Ryu's Profile:

http://www.automotiveforums.com

jim beam March 23rd 07 03:42 AM

2002 Honda SiR

wrote:
> On Mar 22, 10:07 am, jim beam > wrote:
>> wrote:
>>> I purchased a 2002 SiR in June '06 and about 3 months later discovered
>>> a lot of water in the trunk. Took it back to dealer who had
>>> originally assured me the car had been gone over with a fine tooth
>>> comb when I purchased it! They checked it out and never found
>>> anything and the next day it poured rain and again, the trunk was full
>>> of water. I took it back and they once again checked it out and
>>> discovered a "gap" between the wheel well and proceeded to patch it
>>> and then called me to pick up the vehicle to the tune of $150.00. I
>>> freaked out over the phone and told them I would not pay said amount
>>> and after speaking to the Used car manager and several heated words
>>> later they said they would absorb the cost. Well, that still didn't
>>> correct the prob and by now as you can well imagine I was pretty
>>> disgusted with the whole mess. The Used car manager said some pretty
>>> nasty things to me. I even called Honda Canada but all they said was
>>> "this is an internal matter for the dealership to handle"! I called
>>> the owner of the dealership and waited several weeks for a call and
>>> nothing. Then I called the general manager of the dealership (he is
>>> the owner's son) and told him the situation and he listened but a few
>>> minutes later had one of his flunkies call and tell me that unless I
>>> was willing to pay for them to even look at the car in the future not
>>> to bother bringing the car in...well, I had had another appt the
>>> following morning to see if they could rectify the "leak" in the trunk
>>> and they called shortly after my conversation with the GM and
>>> cancelled my appt and said I need'nt bother to bring the car in there
>>> again...so I was more or less banned from the place and guess what?? I
>>> still have the leak in the trunk and it you can tell that leak has
>>> been there for a while as it had begun to rust. They recommended a
>>> couple of their garages for me to take it to, duh??? Like I would
>>> trust them. Did I ever get stung on this car! No recourse except
>>> small claims court and there is more hassle and stress. How can
>>> dealerships get away with crap like this?? Why doesn't the common man
>>> have any way to resolve a prob like this???

>> i wouldn't want to deal with your bleating either. grow up. small
>> claims court is quick and easy. use it.- Hide quoted text -

> Wow, how very mature of you to view a legitimate complaint as !!
> bleating!! You must work for this dealership, do you? Whatever
> happened to the adage, "the customer is always right!" Lets see how
> mature YOU'D be if the same thing happened to you!
>
> By the way, thanks for wonderful advice!! NOT!!!

while there may be something wrong with your car, that's not the problem
- the problem is your inability to get it fixed. judging by the content
of your post[s], you've exhausted the patience of the people that could
help [you just want to fix the blame, not the problem], so you've come
to complain to others. presumably your friends and family are sick of
it too, so now you've come to complain at a bunch of people you don't
know. great. i hope it makes you feel better. it still won't fix your
car though.

regarding solution, you have two options:

1. get some attitude correction which will allow you to negotiate the
solution you want.
2. go to small claims.

in your case, 2 is the much more likely option - and they're geared up
for dealing with people like you.

regarding advice quality, consider this - right to complain is a
function of price paid.

[email protected] March 23rd 07 03:42 PM

2002 Honda SiR

Please bear with me as I am new to this and I am sorry if I ticked
anyone off in my inexperience!

As far as my car goes, I didn't buy it as an "as is" item. They were
supposed to have gone over it with "a fine toothed comb", eliminating
any early on probs.... so to discover a major leak only a couple of
months later came as a shock and was a prob I felt they should be
responsible for. After all, I did pay over 20 thou for it!

As well, the Used car mgr is the one who treated me badly not the
other way around and I did not even whine to him.

I do have the option of small claims court and have not ruled this
out. Running around trying to find someone "honest" to look at this
prob and then going to court is all very stressful on top of the
already huge amt of stress heaped on my over the simple act of buying
a reliable vehicle. Who would have ever thought? I love Hondas but
this experience has left a definite bad taste in my mouth.

Thank you for all the tips.