AutoBanter

-   Simulators (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Been meaning to do this for ages (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=331740)

Rick Catton[_3_] June 29th 09 09:30 PM

Been meaning to do this for ages

....but as usual have been crap about actually getting around to it.

How's your Dad?

Love to all,
RJJJ&CW

David Fisher's Left Testicle June 30th 09 09:48 PM

"me/2" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 21:30:40 +0100, Rick Catton
> > wrote:
>
> :>...but as usual have been crap about actually getting around to it.
> :>
> :>How's your Dad?
> :>
> :>Love to all,
> :>RJJJ&CW
>
> Actually he died almost 6 years ago.
>
> I assume that was a generic quetion since it was posted to a public
> newsgrup. :-)
>
> me/2

Mine died nine-year ago.

Rick Catton[_3_] July 1st 09 09:32 PM

Been meaning to do this for ages

Holy crap - sorry everyone. No idea how that happened.

D'oh!

Dick Cheeze July 2nd 09 09:59 PM

Rick Catton wrote:
> Holy crap - sorry everyone. No idea how that happened.
>
> D'oh!

You did it by using the same software for posting to newsgroups as you
use for email. Seen people do that all the time with Outlook Express.
Use a separate app for each purpose and it will never happen again.

Rick Catton[_3_] July 3rd 09 10:56 PM

Dick Cheeze wrote:
> Rick Catton wrote:
>> Holy crap - sorry everyone. No idea how that happened.
>>
>> D'oh!
>>

> You did it by using the same software for posting to newsgroups as you
> use for email. Seen people do that all the time with Outlook Express.
> Use a separate app for each purpose and it will never happen again.

Yep, you're not wrong there, although I use Thunderbird. What would you
recommend as a newsgroup reading/posting app?

Cheers,
Rick.

PS - His Dad's fine now, by the way!

hoover July 5th 09 02:15 PM

On Fri, 03 Jul 2009 22:56:54 +0100, Rick Catton wrote:

> Yep, you're not wrong there, although I use Thunderbird. What would you
> recommend as a newsgroup reading/posting app?

Have you tried browsing RAS using google groups?

http://groups.google.com/

Personally I still use slrn (console based newsreader), but I guess gg
provides most of what you're looking for in a newsreader.

All the best,

Uwe

The Devil's Reject July 5th 09 08:08 PM

Rick Catton wrote:

> Yep, you're not wrong there, although I use Thunderbird. What would you
> recommend as a newsgroup reading/posting app?

Just use Outlook Express but use it only for Usenet and Thunderbird for
email. That's the most similar to Thunderbird if that is what you like.
There are other free news readers, News Xpress, Pan, Xnews. For binaries
only Grabit is the best and is free.