AutoBanter

-   Simulators (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   rFactor MP Test Fix: unfortunately doesn't fix ... :( (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=17739)

Hans de Heer January 13th 05 12:43 PM

rFactor MP Test Fix: unfortunately doesn't fix ... :(

Hi all,

I downloaded the rFactor MP Test Fix (release 0.720) and just found out that
unfortunately it doesn't solve my problem. :(

The problem (rFactor MP Test will not run after system date has been
changed) had been acknowledged as an issue with the Trymedia protection
software, and I understood that this would be addressed in this fix, not to
say that it was the main reason for said fix.

Unfortunately I found out, after uninstalling, rebooting and re-installing
the original release 0.650 and applying this patch, that rFactor still won't
run. Anyone else experiences this? Darn, I was really looking forward to
playing again.. :(

Cheers, Hans

Uwe Schürkamp January 13th 05 01:25 PM

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 12:43:49 +0100, Hans de Heer wrote:
> Unfortunately I found out, after uninstalling, rebooting and re-installing
> the original release 0.650 and applying this patch, that rFactor still won't
> run. Anyone else experiences this? Darn, I was really looking forward to
> playing again.. :(

Works fine here (fresh install, 0.6x patched to 0.7x)

uwe

--
GPG Fingerprint: 2E 13 20 22 9A 3F 63 7F 67 6F E9 B1 A8 36 A4 61

Hans de Heer January 13th 05 03:10 PM

"Uwe Schürkamp" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 12:43:49 +0100, Hans de Heer wrote:
>> Unfortunately I found out, after uninstalling, rebooting and
>> re-installing
>> the original release 0.650 and applying this patch, that rFactor still
>> won't
>> run. Anyone else experiences this? Darn, I was really looking forward to
>> playing again.. :(

> Works fine here (fresh install, 0.6x patched to 0.7x)

But did you have the "Trymedia" problem before? I suppose when you never had
the problem, you will not encounter it now either... anyhow, I advise you
not to mess with your systemdate.. ;)

Cheers, Hans

Hans de Heer January 13th 05 03:13 PM

"Krunch" > wrote in message
> Yes unfortunately I have the same problem. Still no go after the patch
> having had the time based issue before. I've posted in the High Gear
> Forums
> that are linked in ISI's email and ISI have seen it. I hope they can
> implement a quick fix for us. I was really looking forward to playing
> rFactor again.

I've tried to register at the High Gear forum, but to no avail. Sending the
registration form gives me a php-error. But I did notice that the
Trymedia-problem has been reported by more people, also in patch 0.720.
Let's hope it gets sorted out quickly.

Cheers, Hans

Krunch January 13th 05 03:33 PM

I had the same prob registering at those forums too. But you can still post
as a guest ;)

fernando January 13th 05 11:34 PM

Yep, same here.

fernando January 15th 05 01:24 PM