AutoBanter

-   Chrysler (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   2002 Dodge Neon instrument cluster (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=51827)

Matt Whiting December 21st 05 02:06 AM

2002 Dodge Neon instrument cluster

If I replace a non-tach cluster with a tach equipped cluster from a
salvage yard, will this mess up the odometer or is the mileage stored
only in the BCM?

Matt

[email protected] December 22nd 05 05:08 PM

2002 Dodge Neon instrument cluster

What a dumbass question.

Dori A Schmetterling December 22nd 05 10:26 PM

2002 Dodge Neon instrument cluster

Do you also write under whitingm1@hotmail???

DAS
---

"Matt Whiting" > wrote in message

[...]

Matt Whiting December 22nd 05 11:17 PM

Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

> Do you also write under whitingm1@hotmail???
>
> DAS

No. Look at my long history of posts and look at what this idiot is
writing and you tell me what you think. Also, check the full header...

Matt

BeRealDammit December 2nd 15 02:18 PM

2002 Dodge Neon instrument cluster

replying to Matt Whiting, BeRealDammit wrote:
Mileage is stored in the cluster, stop trying to change your mileage. If you
wanted the instrument cluster just for the tach you wouldn't have asked about
the mileage you dumb ****, oh and instrument clusters with tach have different
incompatible harnesses than the ones without

--
posted from
http://www.motorsforum.com/chrysler/...ter-39351-.htm

greybuck December 3rd 15 03:17 PM

On Tuesday, December 20, 2005 at 7:06:18 PM UTC-7, Matt Whiting wrote:
> If I replace a non-tach cluster with a tach equipped cluster from a
> salvage yard, will this mess up the odometer or is the mileage stored
> only in the BCM?
>

> Matt

I did this a few months ago on my 2003 Dodge Stratus, and it worked fine. Like you say, the mileage is stored in the BCM.

I believe that only the pre-LED odometers stored the mileage in the cluster.

KM