AutoBanter

-   Simulators (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   iRacing Discussion Forum (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=354837)

Pat Dotson June 14th 10 07:56 PM

iRacing Discussion Forum

So my iRacing subscription is expired. Forum access is denied, so
it's hard to keep up with developments.

Are there any other discussion forums out there where I can keep
informed?

Pat Dotson

rcgldr[_2_] June 15th 10 02:11 AM

iRacing Discussion Forum

> Are there any other discussion forums out there where I can keep
> informed?

Surprisingly, Live For Speed Off Topic has single thread for iRacing,
but it's long. I'm not sure how informative it is.

I haven't checked the new RSC forum in a few months, so don't know
about activity there.

That's part of the issue of not allowing the forum to be read only
to the public.

Andrew MacPherson[_2_] June 15th 10 10:08 AM

iRacing Discussion Forum

> So my iRacing subscription is expired. Forum access is denied, so
> it's hard to keep up with developments.

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/fo...play.php?f=116 ...is pretty active.

When I was between subscriptions I found quite a few places with iRacing sections,
but few of them had enough posts to bother visiting.

The VirtualR blog can be useful. http://www.virtualr.net/

Andrew McP

Uwe June 15th 10 02:14 PM

iRacing Discussion Forum

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 18:11:26 -0700, rcgldr wrote:

> That's part of the issue of not allowing the forum to be read only
> to the public.

Exactly, a "visitors"-Section on their forum might be a useful addition.

Plowboy June 16th 10 02:40 AM

iRacing Discussion Forum

"Uwe" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 18:11:26 -0700, rcgldr wrote:
>
>> That's part of the issue of not allowing the forum to be read only
>> to the public.
>>

> Exactly, a "visitors"-Section on their forum might be a useful addition.

Or read only vis section via the "announcements" would be smart.

Andrew MacPherson[_2_] June 16th 10 10:36 AM

iRacing Discussion Forum

(Uwe) wrote:

> Exactly, a "visitors"-Section on their forum might be a useful
> addition.

There is a new forum on the way, so hopefully this will be an option. I certainly
think they need it as a way of allowing people to ask questions without joining.

Of course they may still choose not to do this. It would probably need to be fairly
tightly moderated, because iRacing still attracts a lot of negativity... much of it
at least partially justified. And that could easily end up making it distorted to
the fanboy side of balanced. It'd be a tricky one for iRacing to get right, so it
might be easier for them to just not bother. :-)

Andrew McP

PlowBoy[_3_] June 17th 10 02:58 PM

iRacing Discussion Forum

"Andrew MacPherson" > wrote in message
> (Uwe) wrote:
>
>> Exactly, a "visitors"-Section on their forum might be a useful
>> addition.

> There is a new forum on the way, so hopefully this will be an option. I
> certainly
> think they need it as a way of allowing people to ask questions without
> joining.
>
> Of course they may still choose not to do this. It would probably need to
> be fairly
> tightly moderated, because iRacing still attracts a lot of negativity...
> much of it
> at least partially justified. And that could easily end up making it
> distorted to
> the fanboy side of balanced. It'd be a tricky one for iRacing to get
> right, so it
> might be easier for them to just not bother. :-)
>
> Andrew McP

I don't think they would allow you to post, maybe they would? but "read
only" (like so many sites do when you don't log on) would be good enough
IMHO.

Andrew MacPherson[_2_] June 18th 10 04:33 AM

iRacing Discussion Forum

(PlowBoy) wrote:

> "read only" (like so many sites do when you don't log on) would be
> good enough IMHO.

Yes, good point.

Andrew McP

Penis Boy June 30th 10 09:31 PM

iRacing Discussion Forum

Hey Patricia, NEVER START A SENTENCE WITH "SO" YOU IGNORANT JAGOFF