AutoBanter

-   Ford Mustang (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   They Killed Mercury For This? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=372707)

[email protected][_2_] January 10th 12 09:05 PM

They Killed Mercury For This?

I'm hoping this looks better in the sheet metal than in the pics,
because the pics do nothing for me. (It's a brown turd in the
pics.)

I've heard Lincoln has some talent, so I'm surprised they didn't build
something more dramatic for the first release of the brand's
reemergence party.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2012...ROIT/120109929

Comments, anyone?

Patrick

Debbie January 10th 12 10:18 PM

On 1/10/2012 4:05 PM, wrote:
> I'm hoping this looks better in the sheet metal than in the pics,
> because the pics do nothing for me. (It's a brown turd in the
> pics.)
>
> I've heard Lincoln has some talent, so I'm surprised they didn't build
> something more dramatic for the first release of the brand's
> reemergence party.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2012...ROIT/120109929

> Comments, anyone?
>
> Patrick

I think it is plug ugly!

WindsorFox[_5_] January 10th 12 10:41 PM

On 1/10/2012 15:05, wrote:
> I'm hoping this looks better in the sheet metal than in the pics,
> because the pics do nothing for me. (It's a brown turd in the
> pics.)
>
> I've heard Lincoln has some talent, so I'm surprised they didn't build
> something more dramatic for the first release of the brand's
> reemergence party.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2012...ROIT/120109929

> Comments, anyone?
>
> Patrick

icK! Looks like an old Chrysler.

Bob Willard January 10th 12 11:13 PM

On 1/10/2012 4:05 PM, wrote:
> I'm hoping this looks better in the sheet metal than in the pics,
> because the pics do nothing for me. (It's a brown turd in the
> pics.)
>
> I've heard Lincoln has some talent, so I'm surprised they didn't build
> something more dramatic for the first release of the brand's
> reemergence party.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2012...ROIT/120109929

> Comments, anyone?
>
> Patrick

The good news is that the designers of the Pontiac Aztec are,
apparently, not drawing unemployment. :-P
--
Cheers, Bob

biofilm January 11th 12 01:08 AM

" > wrote in message
> I'm hoping this looks better in the sheet metal than in the pics,
> because the pics do nothing for me. (It's a brown turd in the
> pics.)
>
> I've heard Lincoln has some talent, so I'm surprised they didn't build
> something more dramatic for the first release of the brand's
> reemergence party.
>
> http://www.autoweek.com/article/2012...ROIT/120109929
>
> Comments, anyone?
>
> Patrick

from the front it kind of looks like a suppository

This is the real Lincoln, big huge, boat like, cushion+a crusin;

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/kim-j...-funeral-cars/

Brent[_4_] January 11th 12 03:43 AM

On 2012-01-10, Debbie > wrote:
> On 1/10/2012 4:05 PM, wrote:
>> I'm hoping this looks better in the sheet metal than in the pics,
>> because the pics do nothing for me. (It's a brown turd in the
>> pics.)
>>
>> I've heard Lincoln has some talent, so I'm surprised they didn't build
>> something more dramatic for the first release of the brand's
>> reemergence party.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2012...ROIT/120109929

>> Comments, anyone?
>>
>> Patrick
>>

> I think it is plug ugly!

I don't think it's ugly it's just... blah.

It needs to loose the B-pillar. That would give it some uniqueness.
Loose the ridges in the hood. Car is all smooth and then hood creases...
it's like a big huh?

Ashton Crusher[_2_] January 14th 12 06:37 AM

They Killed Mercury For This?

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 19:08:50 -0600, "biofilm" >
wrote:

" > wrote in message
>> I'm hoping this looks better in the sheet metal than in the pics,
>> because the pics do nothing for me. (It's a brown turd in the
>> pics.)
>>
>> I've heard Lincoln has some talent, so I'm surprised they didn't build
>> something more dramatic for the first release of the brand's
>> reemergence party.
>>
>> http://www.autoweek.com/article/2012...ROIT/120109929
>>
>> Comments, anyone?
>>
>> Patrick
>>

>from the front it kind of looks like a suppository
>
>This is the real Lincoln, big huge, boat like, cushion+a crusin;
>
>http://www.autoblog.com/photos/kim-j...-funeral-cars/

This is the pinnacle of Lincoln's.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/myoldpostcards/5847143679/

Brent[_4_] January 14th 12 06:40 AM

" > wrote in message
>>> I'm hoping this looks better in the sheet metal than in the pics,
>>> because the pics do nothing for me. (It's a brown turd in the
>>> pics.)
>>>
>>> I've heard Lincoln has some talent, so I'm surprised they didn't build
>>> something more dramatic for the first release of the brand's
>>> reemergence party.
>>>
>>> http://www.autoweek.com/article/2012...ROIT/120109929
>>>
>>> Comments, anyone?
>>>
>>> Patrick
>>>

>>from the front it kind of looks like a suppository
>>
>>This is the real Lincoln, big huge, boat like, cushion+a crusin;
>>
>>http://www.autoblog.com/photos/kim-j...-funeral-cars/
>>

> This is the pinnacle of Lincoln's.
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/myoldpostcards/5847143679/

I prefer this:
http://www.classiccar.com/photopost/...nental_mk2.jpg

When Lincoln was still it's own division, before being rolled into
Lincoln-mercury.

repairman54 January 15th 12 02:28 PM

" > wrote in message
> I'm hoping this looks better in the sheet metal than in the pics,
> because the pics do nothing for me. (It's a brown turd in the
> pics.)
>
> I've heard Lincoln has some talent, so I'm surprised they didn't build
> something more dramatic for the first release of the brand's
> reemergence party.
>
> http://www.autoweek.com/article/2012...ROIT/120109929
>
> Comments, anyone?
>
> Patrick

Well it's better than the "waterfall" look IMO
--
John
'07 GT 3 pedals

Ashton Crusher[_2_] January 18th 12 05:18 AM

They Killed Mercury For This?

On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 06:40:42 +0000 (UTC), Brent

" > wrote in message

>>>from the front it kind of looks like a suppository
>>>
>>>This is the real Lincoln, big huge, boat like, cushion+a crusin;
>>>
>>>http://www.autoblog.com/photos/kim-j...-funeral-cars/
>>>

>> This is the pinnacle of Lincoln's.
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/myoldpostcards/5847143679/

>I prefer this:
>http://www.classiccar.com/photopost/...nental_mk2.jpg
>
>When Lincoln was still it's own division, before being rolled into
>Lincoln-mercury.

In a technical sense it's probably the better car but it's just not
over the top enough.