AutoBanter

-   BMW (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   E39 bore wear problem. (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=55267)

Dave Plowman (News) January 28th 06 12:44 AM

E39 bore wear problem.

In article >,
> wrote:
> I was looking through What Car price guide today and I noticed it
> warned of serious bore wear problems in late 1990 cars. Surely this
> problem was with early 1990 cars. Is this a mistake?

I'd guess they're meaning the Nikasil problem. Do a search on this for
chapter and verse - but in the UK I'd ignore it. The fuel responsible
hasn't been around for many a year, and any damage caused by it would have
shown up long ago.

--
*Why is 'abbreviation' such a long word?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.