AutoBanter

-   Technology (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   1997 Mercury Marquis wiper arm (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=23040)

ksfair February 2nd 05 01:21 AM

1997 Mercury Marquis wiper arm

Can anyone tell me how to replace the wiper arm, drivers side , on a 97
Marquis? There is a weird little gadget with a tab near the attachment
point, but I can't see how it works.
Better yet, any ideas on increasing the spring pressure on this arm to
eliminate a smear?

KENG February 2nd 05 02:05 AM

The little widget is a retainer. Lift the arm, it'll only come up about
4 -6 inches, while it is up, slip your fingernail under the tab and pull
it out. Release the arm, it will now not rest on the windshield, but a
few inches up. Pull it off by grabbing the pivioting end of the arm, and
pulling. You can wiggle it a little by moving the end of the blade, up,
down, left, right. Should pop off in your hand.