AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   GEAR NOB CHANGE (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=60097)

cama via CarKB.com March 22nd 06 12:29 AM

GEAR NOB CHANGE

Hiya,
Just wondering whether anyone has ever changed the gear nob on 147? My
mecanic and I, have tried hard to replece the one in my 147, but
unfortunately it won't move. Is there any trick on the gear nob to be
changed?
Cheers mates

hasmac March 22nd 06 07:37 AM

GEAR NOB CHANGE

"cama via CarKB.com" <u19609@uwe> wrote in message news:5d9b992b372ca@uwe...
> Hiya,
> Just wondering whether anyone has ever changed the gear nob on 147? My
> mecanic and I, have tried hard to replece the one in my 147, but
> unfortunately it won't move. Is there any trick on the gear nob to be
> changed?

Hi,

It's not screwed on to a thread, I think it's glued on to a splined end, so
won't come off by twisting.

I've heard of people using a hot air gun to loosen it and pull it off, but I
think the most common technique is to use a hacksaw and cut it off :-(

has.mac

alfistagj March 22nd 06 06:39 PM

GEAR NOB CHANGE

Just apply a bit more violence.
It's pressed on "hot" and over a spline.
Just take a big wrenge, GARB IT, turn and off it will go.
A new one will have a bolt to secure it to the gear lever shaft.
--
Ciao from The Netherlands
alfistagj (aka Gert-Jan)