AutoBanter

-   Honda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Question on Interior Metal Trim Kit (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=47838)

Mitchell Freeman November 8th 05 12:31 AM

Question on Interior Metal Trim Kit

Hello,

I am looking at purchasing a new Accord, and one of the options is this
interior metal trim kit. It looks awfully nice in the brochure, but I have
no idea how well it holds up under actual occupancy. Has anyone had one of
these kits that could share their experience with it? Imagine having your
13-year-old son getting in and out of the front passenger seat with a big,
heavy backpack full of school books. Am I better off without or will this be
a good add-on? Does it nick/damage/stain easily or is it relatively scratch
resistant? Is it better to stick with the standard trim (foam covered
plastic/vinyl/whatever it is)? If it looks great for a few months, but if it
winds up looking ugly from marring/scarring/scratching over time, then it
may not be worth the cost. Since I have no background with this accessory, I
thought I would ask someone who might know better.

Any feedback would be appreciated.