AutoBanter

-   Chrysler (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   big block or Y-block 318? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=438795)

[email protected] July 20th 17 03:11 AM

big block or Y-block 318?

My first car was a 66 Belvedere with the 318 Y block. Drove the mechanic nuts the first time he tuned it up. Apparently it took a different kind of plug because of the head. The plugs he thought it took kept getting smashed on the end.He would say "are you sure this is a 318? " After a bit of checking around he got it right.He never saw a y block before. He liked that old car with 3 on the tree. So did I. I should have kept it. I loved that old car!